My New Xpedition First Impressions, Not Good (But better now)

Have y'all found an easy way to cut those stall mats cleanly? They are pretty darn heavy and not easy to maneuver, let alone cut.

Have y'all found an easy way to cut those stall mats cleanly? They are pretty darn heavy and not easy to maneuver, let alone cut.
Haven't cut mine yet. I set it in there and it sticks up a little on one side. Going to be difficult to get a clean cut. I'll probably try a jig or circular saw. It won't be a clean cut for sure.

Haven't cut mine yet. I set it in there and it sticks up a little on one side. Going to be difficult to get a clean cut. I'll probably try a jig or circular saw. It won't be a clean cut for sure.
Did you get the smaller 1/4-inch thick mat or the big thick 1/2-inch mat?

Having a blast with our new Xpedition ADV. So much to like about this machine. I've now had it up to 60 mph on pavement and it feels very stable. The only cons so far is the engine noise and fuel consumption. Here we are in the Apache Sitgreaves Forest in Northern AZ.
PXL_20230708_214638593.jpg

Having a blast with our new Xpedition ADV. So much to like about this machine. I've now had it up to 60 mph on pavement and it feels very stable. The only cons so far is the engine noise and fuel consumption. Here we are in the Apache Sitgreaves Forest in Northern AZ.View attachment 56
Glad to hear it feels stable at high speeds! I'm curious how Polaris was able to get "200 miles of range" out of one of these test units because I'm reading lots of comments about the less than desirable fuel consumption.

Glad to hear it feels stable at high speeds! I'm curious how Polaris was able to get "200 miles of range" out of one of these test units because I'm reading lots of comments about the less than desirable fuel consumption.
My guess is that 200 mile range is on a base xp non Northstar unit. Several hundred pounds lighter without all the roof, glass, and ac.

polaris always seem to fuel heavy for the first 10 or 20 hours. even my sportsman 850 drank gas during break in

I’ve put 250 miles on so far. I do absolutely love the comfort of the cab and ride, the higher end finish to the inside, and the HVAC is set up much more efficient than the 22’ Northstar I had. The downside of the unit is definitely the amount of noise… I’m surprised they haven’t done anything noticeable to calm that down on a Northstar since it’s coming sealed from the factory. There’s also one whistle I’m finding at about 55 mph. But overall I’m very happy

Maybe with all the noise complaints Polaris will rethink their design and get the rpms lower to lessen some of the noise. I think most folks that purchase these expensive enclosed units are more interested in creature comforts than the need for speed. 6-7000 rpms is nuts when your just cruising.

Back