Installation of Gilman clutch

I got a new bolt and finished the install job. Overall it’s not to bad for a novice mechanic. I did not have to adjust the shims on the clutch so that made it easier. After driving it a bit I can say the rpm’s are lower so it is a bit quieter but overall not that much. I would not buy this kit again. I do have a interior insulation kit to install next so I hope that helps!

I have max amount of weight on my AA cruiser kit. Yeah in standard mode it takes more time to get to highway speeds but the quietness is worth it to me.
I bought some torque sticks when I did my clutch. I tested them on bolts screwed into a nut on my bench first. From what I found they were worthless as I way overtorqued everything.

If you are running 35's you are already way down on rpms and the added weight makes it harder to get up to speed anyway. Try using less weight on the arms.

I have max amount of weight on my AA cruiser kit. Yeah in standard mode it takes more time to get to highway speeds but the quietness is worth it to me.
I bought some torque sticks when I did my clutch. I tested them on bolts screwed into a nut on my bench first. From what I found they were worthless as I way overtorqued everything.

If you are running 35's you are already way down on rpms and the added weight makes it harder to get up to speed anyway. Try using less weight on the arms.
No that’s the thing, I did the bike man performance package and my rpm’s are bone stock figures. What they were before 35s. So I just wonder what the 35s would do to the belt if we tried the cruiser package to quiet it down.

No that’s the thing, I did the bike man performance package and my rpm’s are bone stock figures. What they were before 35s. So I just wonder what the 35s would do to the belt if we tried the cruiser package to quiet it down.
I put my 35" Pro armors on mine after installing the AA cruiser kit. Wasn't good and not much power out all- plus it rubbed on both sides. I went back to my 32" Tusk Terrabites.. If the Pro Armor Crawlers hadn't of rubbed I would have taken off some weight on the clutch and tried again. My Crawlers are a little over 33" tall (supposed to be 35's) and the right one rubbed really bad. That was at full lock but not even articulate.

I put my 35" Pro armors on mine after installing the AA cruiser kit. Wasn't good and not much power out all- plus it rubbed on both sides. I went back to my 32" Tusk Terrabites.. If the Pro Armor Crawlers hadn't of rubbed I would have taken off some weight on the clutch and tried again. My Crawlers are a little over 33" tall (supposed to be 35's) and the right one rubbed really bad. That was at full lock but not even articulate.
I’ve got HCR long travel on mine so no worries on rubbing. I took the sway bar out Monday eve and gonna take it on a small trip tomorrow to test that out. I kind of figured it would flat kill it. Not the fastest thing to begin with. I keep waiting for the day when I finally miss my turbo. Hasn’t happened yet 🤣

Back