For those of you with a light bar...

Dec 3, 2023
Montana
Hey guys, my light bar whistles terribly, it's just a cheapie off of ebay or amazon. Just curious what you're all using and how you like it. I'd rather not spend hundreds of dollars on one.... Thanks!

Matt

I've had a couple light bars that did this on my Jeeps, and on my General. The "fins" on the rear help dissipate heat, but also cause a wind-whistle. What I did and others do, is go to auto zone and buy some cheap sticky door plastic edge trim guards. Alcohol-prep each fin so they stick well, and attach them to the back of each fin. This will disrupt the airflow enough where it will stop the whistle.

Hey guys, my light bar whistles terribly, it's just a cheapie off of ebay or amazon. Just curious what you're all using and how you like it. I'd rather not spend hundreds of dollars on one.... Thanks!

Matt
Matt,
I have had expensive and cheap and there is sometimes a big difference in light patterns, light quality etc, but in the end, they all put out light and if it works, keep it. A quick fix is to get a roll of electrical tape (any tape will do but a lot of types can be hard to get to stick or hard to get off) and out a couple of pieces around the mounting brackets and screws, then take a ride. If the squeeze still remains, tey some tape in the corners of the lens, take a ride. Keep trying this around the light fixture until the whistle stops. Once you have found the spot, you can remove all of the tape and address the spot, maybe with a more permanent tape or a clear 100% silicone?
Good luck and let us know how it works out.

I’ve been using Auxbeam and Lasfit lights on both my rzr and Xpedition (both on Amazon). And had really good luck with them.

What light bar set up are you using, I haven't found one for the Xpedition yet. I am not one to spend the 1800 for the Polaris one. Thanks

I had the dealership put in the wiring and Polaris light at mounts. I didn’t use the mounts that came with the lights

A piece of Gorilla tape on the underside of the light bar took the whistle away! If it decides to stay put it's a nice 5 cent fix. If not I'll get some of the door trim to put on the fins.

Latest Discussions

Back