Developed a problem.

CAR

Aug 10, 2024
wi
My xpedition has developed a problem when the air condition is on running along at 17 mph and pull my foot off the gas pedal the machine will start bucking while hearing belt chirping on the way down to ldle. If I run the same test with the air condition off it's perfectly smooth , has anyone out there experienced this problem? Thanks

I have a friend who has the same Northstar Xpedition that I have. Our Expeditions do the same thing as yours. He came from a Polaris Ranger Northstar that also did the same thing. The dealer told him it was a normal noise caused by the engine winding down while the A/C compressor is engaged. The way he explained is similar to the compressor being forced to run via whatever RPM your engine is set to, or winding down to...similar to engine braking.

Last edited:
I read your post again. Our machines make a noise like chirping. We have to strain to hear it. They do not buck or sound like belt slippage like you’re describing. I’d get that checked out if I were you.

I read your post again. Our machines make a noise like chirping. We have to strain to hear it. They do not buck or sound like belt slippage like you’re describing. I’d get that checked out if I were you.
Thanks for the reply it's going in tomorrow.

Back