Newbie- It's only new once

BigJason

May 31, 2024
Mansfield, Texas
Thanks for the add -

Recently traded in my 2018 XP1000 Highlifter for the Xpedition ADV5. First trip out last weekend (160 miles total) and had a great time, glad to have found this site for information. I wanted to run 32's so I purchased adapters for my old RZR 4 lug wheel set, this is temporary and I am looking for a 5 lug beadlock wheel with 33" tires.

It will be going back to the shop this week as it develped 3 problems on the trip.
1. Having to press hard or pump brake pedal to start the vehicle
2. Lost the gear indicator on the dash, it shifts into gear but is limited on speed/rpm as it does not know the correct postion.
3. Turf Mode ? Dash switch is in 1-wheel drive but dash indicator is showing 2-wheel. It could be in 4-wheel as I hear the front tires chirping when I was loading up.
* I am going to have the clutch service bulletin completed while it is in the shop.

Also, the Ride Command hardly ever connected- it just kept loading.

ALL in ALL we still love the new platform! I have already ordered a ton of accessories to start playing with the build. The clean picture is after the trip, it cleaned up well just a few little memories left behind.

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 41
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 29
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 74
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 44
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Save yourself the time and replace the the brake sensor with a non Polaris branded part. They’re cheap and will save you a headache in the back country when you go into limp mode! They’ve had issues for years. My first trip out to Moab, I didn’t make it 100 yds and it went out.

I also bought some 1.5” wheel spacers and had 33” tusk terrabite thrown on the stock rims. Rides great! I had no issue riding down county road at 65 mph with some remaining throttle.

The ride command was also an issue I had. I went back to the may update and it helped with connectivity issues and hasn’t had any issues since!

Let me know if you have questions! Happy riding!

Save yourself the time and replace the the brake sensor with a non Polaris branded part. They’re cheap and will save you a headache in the back country when you go into limp mode! They’ve had issues for years. My first trip out to Moab, I didn’t make it 100 yds and it went out.

I also bought some 1.5” wheel spacers and had 33” tusk terrabite thrown on the stock rims. Rides great! I had no issue riding down county road at 65 mph with some remaining throttle.

The ride command was also an issue I had. I went back to the may update and it helped with connectivity issues and hasn’t had any issues since!

Let me know if you have questions! Happy riding!
Huntfreak

May is the latest update, correct?

1717682035721.png

Back