Tracking Xpedition Order

Welp.....no update on mine. Rolled back to confirmed and there she sits. Maybe for good reason. My dealer came through! In the world of Lord knows what's going on with Polaris and the ADV5 he got a blue ADV Northstar in and I picked her up! So color change for me, but I have a machine! And seeing the blue in person I kinda like it! Nice flat slate like blue.

Spent two days installing the following:

1. HD Bumper
2. WD Turn Signal kit
3. Rigid 50" lightbar
4. Scene lights
5. Rear wiper
6. RAM Phone Mount
7. Side mirrors

Still to install:

1. Rigid backbone (still haven't received)
2. Roof rack
3. Roof top tent
4. Cube driving lights
5. Rigid driving lights (still haven't received)

I'll be dropping some photos, and videos of machine, install, tips, tricks, issues, etc. but overall even though install was extensive it was fairly straight forward and Polaris instructions were good.

For now, some photos of pickup day!View attachment 782View attachment 783View attachment 784
I like it!

What did you have before this? I’d like a comparison to how it is sound wise compared to a ranger crew xp northstar.

I like it!

What did you have before this? I’d like a comparison to how it is sound wise compared to a ranger crew xp northstar.
Have a Yamaha Viking VI so no cab at all and 700cc. So, the ADV is loud, especially when you get after it. I mean, certainly not a car. But, when going like 25 - 30 MPH, which for me is a pretty typical trail cruising speed, not bad at all. Can easily hold a conversation and maintain that speed. I'm trying to wrap my head around if its really louder or if it's just that in an open air cab all the ambient "white noise" of wind, trail noise, and on my Viking, rattles, kinda drowns out the engine noise so on this machine you hear none of that, only the engine, making it seem louder. I'll have to do a decibel test between the two. Someone on YouTube did a decible test on the ADV vs Ranger and the ADV was several db louder. But to me the tradeoff of noise for platform of UTV is for sure worth it vs. an overland vehicle, Jeep, Tacoma, etc.

Dates closed up to a 2 week interval. Think that’s means it’s currently being built as I have noticed that happen with others that end up showing built shortly after

C7C13ACA-5F7A-4E3B-81A1-FB1E6DEC348C.jpeg

Thank you. I got the machine home late yesterday and had a chance to drive it a little.
First impressions; The ride is amazing compared to my ranger, the visibility is terrible as it needs mirrors, BAD. The engine noise coming from behind the seat area is terrible. It needs more insulation. I'm going to see what I can do on that. I really hope that enough people complain about the noise that Polaris makes something to add back there to help out. The RPM at cruising just 20mph seems really high, it seems like they could have tightened the clutching up some which would also help with the noise. I love the the seats, they are very comfortable and the new doors are SO much better than the suicide doors that I had on my ranger.
Overall, I love it and I think most of the little problems can be improved and make the perfect machine.
Also, I had all the windows tinted with legal ceramic tint and with that the A/C seemed to work really well in our 100 deg weather.
I agree about the rpm .. it seems I am running the motor way too hard.

Back