RAW GAS SMELL

It also got the O2 sensor issue. Not sure how to fix that. Maybe a tune? I think somebody's already tried a different O2 sensor with a different range.
Is somebody said I think the two problems might be related. So I don't think I should modify that valve until I figure out what the problem is
I’m running a Gilomen ECU tune and I still get the O2 sensor code when I’m in the higher elevations. It doesn’t seem to affect anything. Still have full power. It usually seems to pop up if I idle very much, and usually goes away after a bit of riding.

If that was the case it would do it all the time . When fuel tank is half or less the radiator lines under tank start vaporizing fuel causing smell . I will be putting canister on mine . Thanks for input .
So you think the radiator lines are heating up the fuel? My coolant lines have been insulated with pipe wrap for months and it still does it. I haven't notice if ambient temperature effects it or not. We are heading back to CO in two or three or weeks and will do some more checking. Thanks

No that’s a winter project .
Thanks. I talked to Polaris today about the gas smell as well as the o2 sensor out of range. They acted like they hadn't heard of either problem. I then called a dealer in Lake City CO as someone had posted that they were having trouble with all of theirs. They said all of them had the o2 sensor issue at high altitude but they weren't having gas fume issues. They also said they had talked to Polaris many times about the o2 sensor issue. He said its an EPA related issue. They run them lean for pollution, then you get them at altitude and they really run lean. I asked them what gas they ran and he said 91 ethanol free - if that makes any difference.

Back