Oil leak

David

Oct 27, 2023
South Dakota
Anyone had any issues with oil leaking? My brand new xp5 northstar with 150 miles on it needs an oil pan seal. Have to pull the motor....12 hour job under warranty but it will be gone for about 3 weeks

Mine is leaking oil from the same place didn’t know until I pulled the skid plate. I guess off the the dealer for a fix.

That's no good. I'm just hoping to have my machine back soon to make the black hills for Thanksgiving weather permitting

That's a bummer. I got mine back Friday, it took 3 weeks exactly. There is a handful of parts that are 1 time use on them also, or at least on the northstar cars....

Hello all. Took possession of my XP 5 Northstar last week and its back at the dealership for an oil leak and front diff leak. I will update when they figure out where the leaks are coming from.

Mines at the dealer now. He ordered an oil pan gasket just in case and changed the oil and filter ( some have had loose filters ) and will let me know soon which one it was.
Also replacing front window seal as it leaked like crazy.
updates when I get them.

Got word from the dealer. Front diff is suspected to be the drain plug, which I guess is good news. Oil pan gasket is the culprit in my leak. Not so good news. Down for a couple weeks. Good news is the dealership and the window tint place are next to each other, so I am having the windows tinted while I wait!

Mines at the dealer now. He ordered an oil pan gasket just in case and changed the oil and filter ( some have had loose filters ) and will let me know soon which one it was.
Also replacing front window seal as it leaked like crazy.
updates when I get them.
Are you sure there is an oil pan gasket? The diagram does not show one. Shop by vehicle | Polaris Off-Road Vehicles My dealer, having talked to Polaris, said there are 7 people who have reported the same engine sump pan leak as of 11/17/2023.

Last edited:
I have 426 miles on my XP5 and noticed oil on the garage floor.....oil pan leak as expected. Went in today for repairs. Also have either a ball joint or wheel bearing bad on drivers side front that needs fixed already. This machine hasn't seen anything really rough yet either.

155 miles noticed oil on floor under xp5 coming from engine somewhere. Dealer picked it up today for fix and other upgrades.

Well Gentlemen it appears I get to join the "oil leak" club!

After reading this thread today, I figured "not me, I haven't even taken off road since I purchased last month" (97 miles) HEHE. But I gots to know....
Stuck my fingers up through the skid plate oil drain hole and struck gold all over the underside of the pan....go figure.

My dealer and sales rep are great and they said "bring it, your not the only one". Polaris is going to take care of it. Going to replace those weights in the clutch at the same time...

If I would have purchased the Mercedes E Class instead, would I have been looking at repairs already?

Well Gentlemen it appears I get to join the "oil leak" club!

After reading this thread today, I figured "not me, I haven't even taken off road since I purchased last month" (97 miles) HEHE. But I gots to know....
Stuck my fingers up through the skid plate oil drain hole and struck gold all over the underside of the pan....go figure.

My dealer and sales rep are great and they said "bring it, your not the only one". Polaris is going to take care of it. Going to replace those weights in the clutch at the same time...

If I would have purchased the Mercedes E Class instead, would I have been looking at repairs already?
I did the weights before they came out with an answer.....it does make a difference!

Back