Knocking in the front end.

Well, she's back home. Dealership ended up replacing the front differential. Took it for a ride yesterday and nothing has changed. Still clunks just as much as before. Every turn every dip every rock... CLUNK! Haven't broke the news to the dealership yet. I'm about fed up with this shit.

Well, she's back home. Dealership ended up replacing the front differential. Took it for a ride yesterday and nothing has changed. Still clunks just as much as before. Every turn every dip every rock... CLUNK! Haven't broke the news to the dealership yet. I'm about fed up with this shit.
Sorry man. I learned to test drive mine before bringing it home because the same thing happened to me.
They had mine for two months

Funny you say that. I went to pick it up in a bad mood and my back killing me. As I was loading it up I said to the service manager, "I ain't even gonna bother test riding it." Their test track is flat and the first time it was there for the same issue I did test ride it and it didn't clunk. It's rough terrain that makes it clunk like crazy. I knew test riding it there wasn't going to tell me anything. They (Polaris) will get one more shot at addressing the issue.

Funny you say that. I went to pick it up in a bad mood and my back killing me. As I was loading it up I said to the service manager, "I ain't even gonna bother test riding it." Their test track is flat and the first time it was there for the same issue I did test ride it and it didn't clunk. It's rough terrain that makes it clunk like crazy. I knew test riding it there wasn't going to tell me anything. They (Polaris) will get one more shot at addressing the issue.
Because I knew ditches is what made mine make the noise I went and found some ditches behind the dealership and run mine through it. About a 50 mi round trip to the dealership for me so I don't want to make one extra if I don't have to

Reactions: B B
That is wild!!! It blows my mind that all of this has been replaced and it’s still there. I haven’t taken mine to dealer yet simply because I’ve kinda been waiting to see one of you guys with a fix. I did talk with a guy yesterday who had krx out in the trails. He claimed it was my axles and long travels are noisy. I didn’t disagree with him but I quietly hoped that wasn’t the case. Pay 7k for a noisy kit to look cool and not be functional, no.
Please do keep us up to date on what they tell you. Sucks, I love machine and it’s still drivable. But it’s annoying to spend that much and have it that noisy.

I love machine and it’s still drivable. But it’s annoying to spend that much and have it that noisy.
I'm quickly loosing my love for the machine. Every time I ride I'm throwing gasoline on the fire and the enjoyment fades quickly. If I was to have a passenger with me it would be embarrassing. The thing sounds like it's falling apart from under me on everything that's not flat road. Even the initial clunk when backing out of the garage started again today.

I'm quickly loosing my love for the machine. Every time I ride I'm throwing gasoline on the fire and the enjoyment fades quickly. If I was to have a passenger with me it would be embarrassing. The thing sounds like it's falling apart from under me on everything that's not flat road. Even the initial clunk when backing out of the garage started again today.
No kidding, yes that sucks. Mines not that drastic, it’s more of a low chop action that gets it going. I hope you get it figured out though

Back