Heater Performance

Just got the call from the dealer. Found that the hvac control was bad and the motor on the blend door is bad. Both getting replaced. hope that improves mine

Just got the call from the dealer. Found that the hvac control was bad and the motor on the blend door is bad. Both getting replaced. hope that improves mine
Hope that helps yours but frustrating to me. Were you not getting any temp change from your controls prior to this?

Hope that helps yours but frustrating to me. Were you not getting any temp change from your controls prior to this?
I didn't ever attempt to change the temperature per say, I didn't get mine till it was pretty cold so it was on max heat all the time. The fan speed would go past the max setting & shut off if you weren't paying attention. It seemed the blend door was working, so I dunno. I just got there voice message. If he says anything else I'll let you know when I call him back later

Update - I temporarily installed a 12v in line booster pump with switch on the heater core inlet. As you can see in the picture, I got 149 degree air with engine at 189 at idle. It is my opinion that the water pump doesn’t have adequate flow to the heater core to produce truly hot air. I need to think through and do permanent installation. I’m wondering if the issue is accentuated on the 5 models due to additional length of line the stock pump has to push water through. The risk of this mod would be if the booster pump was ran with temp control at any position cooler than full hot as you would be putting additional water pressure against the hot water control valve at the heater core with it partially or fully closed.

Attachments

• IMG_1191.jpeg
    IMG_1191.jpeg
    333.6 KB · Views: 41
Update - I temporarily installed a 12v in line booster pump with switch on the heater core inlet. As you can see in the picture, I got 149 degree air with engine at 189 at idle. It is my opinion that the water pump doesn’t have adequate flow to the heater core to produce truly hot air. I need to think through and do permanent installation. I’m wondering if the issue is accentuated on the 5 models due to additional length of line the stock pump has to push water through. The risk of this mod would be if the booster pump was ran with temp control at any position cooler than full hot as you would be putting additional water pressure against the hot water control valve at the heater core with it partially or fully closed.
Does anyone think if you modify the outlet hose to a larger size,match the inlet side of heater core? I feel like it’s a pinch point for that system… I don’t know much about these systems but thought I’d throw that idea out.

I ride mine in Northern Wisconsin. It was 5 degrees with frost on the windows. My XP5 was so hot I rode in a t-shirt and the heat as low as it could go.

I ride mine in Northern Wisconsin. It was 5 degrees with frost on the windows. My XP5 was so hot I rode in a t-shirt and the heat as low as it could go.
Thanks. The whole thing has me confused and frustrated. Some folks are like you and have great heat. Others of us arent getting the same performance. I have tested and verified my controls are working correctly. And of course Polaris tells me everything is fine. Without my mod above mine is not t-shirt rideable in 5 degrees.

Mine was originally good to go especially when I was plowing the first few weeks of truly cold weather , but now I’m only getting 105 degrees out of the vents…naturally I’m out of warranty!

I would put my money on an air bubble in the system. I’ve seen it many times in snowmobiles. Can be very hard to get out.

I'm in northern Wisconsin as well and it was terrible. Its sitting at the dealer right now getting a new control panel. We'll see if it helps, I hope so. Will post more info when I get it back

I'm in northern Wisconsin as well and it was terrible. Its sitting at the dealer right now getting a new control panel. We'll see if it helps, I hope so. Will post more info when I get it back
Took it out today. It was single digits over night with ride temp of 16. Didnt notice any change with them changing the heater control. On high with engine temp at 180 it's pretty dismal heat coming out. Pretty disappointed. My 23 ranger had awesome heat

Back