Gearing

Anth

Sep 10, 2023
Nebraska
I have read some post where guys say that you can re gear these using all Polaris products? Has anyone looked into doing this.

Most have just done clutch kits. Following for re gears but don't think it's been done yet. Heavy machine...

I'm sure people will do it eventually but everything I've heard about clutch kits is that they get close enough and are a thousand times easier install

Guess we will see I’ve got 32’s to put on it. Might embrace the suck of the noice and double down and install a Gilomen super clutch. Will keep you updated.

Guess we will see I’ve got 32’s to put on it. Might embrace the suck of the noice and double down and install a Gilomen super clutch. Will keep you updated.
32" tires don't make hardly any difference at all in gearing or the noise that it produces. For a truck for example that had a 3.55 rear end and you go from 30's to 32's the ratio changes to 3.33. If you do it for noise reduction then you need as tall of a tire that will fit.
32s for me were basically to help with more ground clearance. I have the AA cruiser kit and will get it installed in the next week or two.

32" tires don't make hardly any difference at all in gearing or the noise that it produces. For a truck for example that had a 3.55 rear end and you go from 30's to 32's the ratio changes to 3.33. If you do it for noise reduction then you need as tall of a tire that will fit.
32s for me were basically to help with more ground clearance. I have the AA cruiser kit and will get it installed in the next week or two.
I’m sure you will keep us posted on your feedback after install but interested to hear. One of my top reasons for going with this machine was the additional performance of this motor over a Ranger or Defender. I assume these low rpm kits are going to kill a lot of that.

I’m sure you will keep us posted on your feedback after install but interested to hear. One of my top reasons for going with this machine was the additional performance of this motor over a Ranger or Defender. I assume these low rpm kits are going to kill a lot of that.
Will do. Also going to put the 35's off of my Turbo R on it when we bring it home from our vacation home over Thanksgiving. They are Pro Armor crawlers like the stock tires. They measure about 34" so they should work. If i leave them on I might have to adjust the weights on the clutch. I still want power, just a balance between power and noise. LOL

Will do. Also going to put the 35's off of my Turbo R on it when we bring it home from our vacation home over Thanksgiving. They are Pro Armor crawlers like the stock tires. They measure about 34" so they should work. If i leave them on I might have to adjust the weights on the clutch. I still want power, just a balance between power and noise. LOL
I will be shocked if the 35s, even though they run small, fit. Keep us posted but I know a guy who has rubbing with 33s.
I'm installing my AA cruiser clutch kit this evening and will give it a run this weekend. Machine only has 2.4 miles but I think I know enough to do a decent before after comparison

I haven’t done anything yet waiting to pull the trigger. I guess my question is I saw Bikeman performance has released some tuning clutching and exhaust. Is anyone running it? Also for the guys who are running the cruiser clutch when you smash the throttle is it laggy?

I to am wanting to hear some real feedback on the AA cruiser set up from johndeerefarmer. please post your thoughts when you get it installed. wondering if just the gillamon set up or spend the extra and get the different helix with the AA kit. anyway please let us know when you have a ride on the AA.

I to am wanting to hear some real feedback on the AA cruiser set up from johndeerefarmer. please post your thoughts when you get it installed. wondering if just the gillamon set up or spend the extra and get the different helix with the AA kit. anyway please let us know when you have a ride on the AA.
It's been fantastic for me. I dont have experience with gilomen or any others but AA makes the machine so much more tolerable and I just put 600 miles on it this past week. Loaded down and nasty rocky climbs with zero issue. Belt grip is fantastic

what elevation are you running in mostly? Thank you, that is exactly the feedback i wanna see before i pull the trigger. i'm assuming you got the S3 kit with the cruiser option then. also did you notice what rpm your running when your running around 30 mph.

what elevation are you running in mostly? Thank you, that is exactly the feedback i wanna see before i pull the trigger. i'm assuming you got the S3 kit with the cruiser option then. also did you notice what rpm your running when your running around 30 mph.
Machine lives between 5 and 8k feet. Generally around 6500. I did get the cruiser option. Cruising 30 is about the same rpm as my ranger and general - around 5k.

I haven’t done anything yet waiting to pull the trigger. I guess my question is I saw Bikeman performance has released some tuning clutching and exhaust. Is anyone running it? Also for the guys who are running the cruiser clutch when you smash the throttle is it laggy?
I got the gilomen and took it off it killed the performance it worked as advertised very laggy

I also had the Gilomen and took it off.
Yes it lowered the RPM about 1500 RPM and was quieter.
0 to 40 mph whas slower, but 40 up was rediculasly slower.
I have a clutch kit from Carls Powersportsin in Boise, ID installed right now primay clutch fingers and spring only and waiting for thier Helix and spring for the secondary clutch.
They have been testing all the the kits on the market and have come up with thier own Helix design and finger weights.
I am running about 900 rpm slower, a little quiter and little to no loss off power to 8200 rpm.
As soon as I get the Helix and spring installed i will give more feed back.

Great feedback. Thank you all. yeah if i can get it around what my ranger northstar was i'd be ok with that for sure. It sounds like i'll scratch the gillamon option.

I don’t think there is an issue with the Gilomen kit. Any of these cruiser kits that come with a meaningful drop in rpm are going to neuter performance. Gilomen, AA, etc are pretty up front about that. For me, going to the performance of my Ranger is a complete non-starter plus my Ranger (2021) was difficult to communicate in at high rpm on the road anyway. The noise has been a non issue for us on the trail, on the road it is. I am installing the Gilomen performance tune and performance clutch kit and we will run headsets on the road and be done with it. You can build it for speed or you can build it for comfort, you can’t have both. Everyone will just have to decide what their priorities are.

Back