2024 Xped ADV NorthStar - Improvement Opportunities

That’s a nice setup. I’ve been saved by tire slugs and a mini compressor before. Your setup doesn’t potentially leave you on an unplanned hike. I like it. Where did you get the tools set?

My door locks are bad too, will try silicone!
View attachment 2778

This is by far the lamest tool set I’ve ever seen in a vehicle of this caliber.
No way to remove a tire, 19mm isn’t in there. No jack to help with a tire. One wrench, 8mm & 10 mm. A pair of pliers, really? And the handles give you barely a Phillips2 & a straight 2. 3 torx, a few fuses (ok, handy) and a 90 degree something I haven’t figured out yet. Spark plug wrench, ok. Scanner for belt change, ok ( picked up a spare today, $200 for the belt!)
Got a great toolset today, around $300 but everything you might need! Super ATV roll up set, all I had to do was add a Jack to my toolbox
This must be your first Polaris. That's what all of their machines come with. I don't want or expect Polaris to include tools. Does your truck include tools? All they give you is a jack and lug wrench. I carry two Packouts full of tools and another two full of stuff like air compressor, jump box, spare parts etc

Oops… all good points, I would rather supply my own tools also… but still a tire iron might be nice to include. Anybody figured a way to jump start the vehicle without removing the front drivers seat to access battery?
Maybe two leads with a cutoff switch between?

Oops… all good points, I would rather supply my own tools also… but still a tire iron might be nice to include. Anybody figured a way to jump start the vehicle without removing the front drivers seat to access battery?
Maybe two leads with a cutoff switch between?
I mounted a set of remote battery terminals behind the drivers seat. I can jump it off from there. Also can connect my air compressor there.

Picked up ours on Thursday. Same problem with the locks as everyone else. The key itself seems a little weak as well. My Ranger Northstar has a more robust key for the doors. I'm thinking aftermarket power door locks. Anybody done that?
Just had my new ADV5 Northstar delivered yesterday. Alarm system with remote start, cellular connectivity, AND power lock/unlock are my TOP priorities for MODs. I will make sure to keep this page updated with what I come up with.

Back