FNG looking at a Northstar needing input and opinions

I’m sorry to hear that. We spend good money and that’s the response you get? Unacceptable! I would send something to Polaris stating what they told you. I’ve had mine for 2 months and 800 miles with no issues. This is a dealer get ready problem and should not happen. It’s a given we could have problems but under warranty it’s no excuse. Wish you luck!
Thank you for your thoughts.

My family and I are Can Am X3 people (haters leave comments below). We love our X3 Turbo RR 4 door. I have the 64 inch, my son the 72 inch.

Why am I on Polaris Forum? Well, we love the X3 and it is a great UTV, however we are looking for something to putt around in on and off road without going full tilt boogie all the time. We found the 2024 Polaris Xpedition ADV 5 Northstar, fully enclosed (A/C is a bonus this time of year in Az).

I went to a local shop here in Arizona and looked at one. I know nothing about the unit, or Polaris in general.

So, my question to the great minds of the Forum are;
before we pull the trigger, anyone have any ups, downs, opinions, problems, or positive comments or experiences with the Northstar? Also, how is the ride?

Thanks for the input.
First of all the X3 it’s a great machine for what it is. Now the Xpedition it’s something totally different. First of all the suspension it’s dialed in perfectly. You can ride all day it will not beat you up and if you wanna start banging around, it will not disappoint you. Don’t expect to get the same power out of the xpedition that you have with the X3 turbo. For one the xpedition weighs 2400 lbs+ and it’s naturally aspirated engine with 114 hp. With that said it will take you just about anywhere you wanna go along with four of your friends. HVAC… I spent winters in Apache Junction and honestly, I don’t understand how you guys ride around without air-conditioning! The other thing is the fully (and truly) enclosed cabin. I don’t know about you, but I hate washing my car after 100 mile days. Now having to clean the interior on top of the exterior it just makes things so much worse. Not in the case of the xpedition! The only dirt that comes in is what you bring in with your shoes or dog. Of course you keep your windows rolled up in the windshield closed.
One less thing, you can put 32s on it no problem just don’t mess around with the clots“ recall” Polaris has out. You will lose power if you go on larger tires, especially if you’re caring five people!
Go get yourself one you wanna regret it 👍

First of all the X3 it’s a great machine for what it is. Now the Xpedition it’s something totally different. First of all the suspension it’s dialed in perfectly. You can ride all day it will not beat you up and if you wanna start banging around, it will not disappoint you. Don’t expect to get the same power out of the xpedition that you have with the X3 turbo. For one the xpedition weighs 2400 lbs+ and it’s naturally aspirated engine with 114 hp. With that said it will take you just about anywhere you wanna go along with four of your friends. HVAC… I spent winters in Apache Junction and honestly, I don’t understand how you guys ride around without air-conditioning! The other thing is the fully (and truly) enclosed cabin. I don’t know about you, but I hate washing my car after 100 mile days. Now having to clean the interior on top of the exterior it just makes things so much worse. Not in the case of the xpedition! The only dirt that comes in is what you bring in with your shoes or dog. Of course you keep your windows rolled up in the windshield closed.
One less thing, you can put 32s on it no problem just don’t mess around with the clots“ recall” Polaris has out. You will lose power if you go on larger tires, especially if you’re caring five people!
Go get yourself one you wanna regret it 👍
Thanks BH; agreed on x3 vs Nothstar. I love the x3 for going full tilt boogy, but we wanted something to putt around, especially in the Arizona summers.

So, with all the positive feed back, we pulled the trigger this week and will pick up the new unit on July 2nd after it gets the add ons.

Northstar here and I love it. I run the east coast, Hatfield WVA, RR PA and other locations here with X3's, Turbo RZR's, Generals and RMAX's. I'm the only one with a Xpedition in my group and I can tell you its a great machine with a few pro's and cons. First, it blows everything other than the X3 and RZR's out the water. I can easily keep up, even in tight trails on the mountain. Pro's; great suspension and ride but you will chase the springs, they start sagging at 100 miles. Cons: Its loud inside, but that can be fixed with sound deadening. Biggest Pro, you are 100% comfortable and dry in any weather. Pull the trigger, you will be happy you did...
How does the 5 seat do on the trails in WV? Does it take the switchbacks well because there are a lot of those?

How does the 5 seat do on the trails in WV? Does it take the switchbacks well because there are a lot of those?
Can't help you in WV as I am in Arizona, but I will tell you this, when I test drove it I was very pleasantly surprised on the turning radius. It has the same wheel base (64 inches) as my x3 and turns much sharper than the x3 does. On the X3 I have only had to do a 3 point turn on a tight trail a couple of times, so based on that I would say your would be good to go.

Back