Whip mounts

I just built these for our xp5. I had them turned in on our last one but I wanted them to clear the inside of the bed this time so I bought some spacers turned them around on this one.
1000002575.jpg

Picked up my ADV 2 Saturday finally! Headed to Glamis this weekend to check out the RedBull sand scramble. My issue is how do I mount a whip? Saw the above post and ordered some to try, hopefully it works!

If it helps I ordered a set of whip mounts for a general from gorilla whips and the fit great. I can't get pics till I get it back from the dealer for a bad transmission seal

Both my son and I have the ADV5 Northstar. I have a roof mount, so I just drilled through the mount and attached it there. That works for me as I will only have a kayak on top. My son's took a little more thought. We fabricated a mount that uses the existing bolt holes for the roof. This was extremely sturdy and has worked well.

Attachments

• IMG_4794.JPEG
    IMG_4794.JPEG
    427.3 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_4796.JPEG
    IMG_4796.JPEG
    450 KB · Views: 101
If it helps I ordered a set of whip mounts for a general from gorilla whips and the fit great. I can't get pics till I get it back from the dealer for a bad transmission seal
Thanks! I will keep that in mind if my Amazon ones don't work.

Both my son and I have the ADV5 Northstar. I have a roof mount, so I just drilled through the mount and attached it there. That works for me as I will only have a kayak on top. My son's took a little more thought. We fabricated a mount that uses the existing bolt holes for the roof. This was extremely sturdy and has worked well.
Those look sturdy! I was trying think of a way to use that big bolt on the side just below the roof mount he made. If only I could weld.... 🤔

I got my whip clamps today from Amazon. They look like they will work, don't know if I will use them long term, but I hope they stay on for this trip. They say they are for Polaris pro fit frame for General and a few other RZR models. The fit isn't perfect, but I think it will do as long as the bolts don't work loose. The whips are at an angle leaning inward towards middle of car, but not too bad.

Attachments

• IMG_6629.jpeg
    IMG_6629.jpeg
    351.1 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_6630.jpeg
    IMG_6630.jpeg
    313.5 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_6631.jpeg
    IMG_6631.jpeg
    254.6 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_6632.jpeg
    IMG_6632.jpeg
    195.7 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_6633.jpeg
    IMG_6633.jpeg
    217 KB · Views: 101
Old School whips for me! I made this for my Tacoma now making one for my friends machine. Works with lock n ride rails.

Attachments

• whip.jpg
    whip.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 96
  • whip2.jpg
    whip2.jpg
    241.3 KB · Views: 105
My Glamis trip was a success! The Amazon whip mounts held great and did not come loose! I after some belt break-in miles, I started to venture in to the smaller dunes to get a feel for my new ride. I was pleasantly surprised how nice the ride quality was through some whoops. Also, I did end up getting in to some bigger dunes (Sunset Hill) to view the Sand Scramble races. I did have to abort on a couple dunes that were just too tall and soft for the X, but this isn't the this machines intended use. I was surprised at how far I did get with it though! It paid for itself Saturday afternoon when the wind and rain rolled in! The wife and I got in and closed the windows and fired up the heater and cruised back to camp..., DRY! 😁 So far, we are loving our ADV2 and look forward to using it where it was meant to be, on the trails! 👍🏼

Attachments

• IMG_6639.jpeg
    IMG_6639.jpeg
    296.2 KB · Views: 106
I didn't even try to see if the Amazon ones wound mount facing back, might just work if reposition the bracket?

I got them from gorillawhips.com I will post a picture when I get the machine back from dealer had a transmission seal go out and it's back ordered till July 😤

Back