What onboard Air Compressor do you carry?

Jun 11, 2024
Arizona
I carry a Viair in my jeep and X3. I am looking for something lighter and smaller for he expedition I am purchasing to get that perfect balance between to much and to little stuff.

So, what compressor do you carry ? (include picts and links if you can).

The Milwaukee works really well for me and I could buy tool only for cheaper since I already have several batteries. The auto pressure stop has been hit or miss on smaller tires like my sons atvs but not a huge deal for me.

I carry the Milwaukee M12. Does everything I need. Good battery life with 3.0. A friend has the M18, and it is certainly bigger and faster, but I opt for the M12 because it's so small and lightweight.

I carry the Milwaukee M12. Does everything I need. Good battery life with 3.0. A friend has the M18, and it is certainly bigger and faster, but I opt for the M12 because it's so small and lightweight.
And that is what I am looking for MP, carry what I need, but economize on what I carry. Appreciate the feed back.

Great question, and though I am late to this party, thought I still would put in my vote. SInce I have lots of Dewalt batteries, I went yellow instead of red, Dewalt 20V Max compressor. WIth a 5Ah battery it gives me lots of work.
I second this. I like the Dewalt because I can use it to inflate tires but we also take it to the lake to blow up the kids float tubes and use it in winter for snow tubes. I've had it for a couple of years and works great.

Milwaukee makes another one, but for the M12 battery, not the M18 as posted earlier. It's more compact than the M18. M12™ Compact Inflator kit. My friend has this, and I've used it on occasion. It's small but will get you by. I have the Dewalt 20V as posted earlier. Both are great and you can't go wrong with either, but the Dewalt has more functionality, and I'm already invested in the Dewalt tool system.

I have the dewalt 20v but do to size I've been packing a small walmart 12v compressor. It takes up less space and on the trail I usually have nothing but time to air up.

For me it’s an ARB compressor, already mounted in a tackle box sized box, then an aux battery connector behind drivers seat

Attachments

• IMG_8593.jpeg
    IMG_8593.jpeg
    306.1 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_8594.jpeg
    IMG_8594.jpeg
    336.1 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_8596.jpeg
    IMG_8596.jpeg
    365.3 KB · Views: 42
I feel I have to add that the air compressor also feeds the Bag Jack, that will lift the whole side of the ADV in about 2 minutes for a tire change. Much lighter to pack than a big steel floor Jack! Amazon, $135. Can be used off exhaust pipe, but I haven’t tried that.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    362.5 KB · Views: 40

Latest Discussions

Back