Tire sealant

I just carry a plug kit with lots of extra plugs. Never bothered with sealant like Slime etc.

There’s also a product called GlueTread that can do external sidewall patches. We have some but haven’t had the need to use them yet, so not certain how well they work.

I carry the Glue Tread kit, a sidewall slug, lots of plugs and two bottles of Slime. Also a Colby valve stem for replacing on the trail. A 12V air compressor of course.
I also carry a piece of rubber that I can put inside the tire if I have a really bad hole.
I have a spare but typically don't carry it. If I have too I would drive home on the flat as the bead lock should hold it together.

Ha! thank you johndeerefarmer. Is this stuff better than Slime?
I don't know if it's better or not. We've used it for years on the farm. I do carry slime in the side by sides because it comes in the smaller bottles where berryman's comes only in 1 gallon jug as far as I know. I can tell you that the tire shops hate both of them equally. 😁

Hey, I am paying them a good price to replace my tires, so who cares! :LOL:
Wait are they charging a premium (like businesses are for CCs) for working on slime filled tires?

I carry a spare on the roof rack, however, I also carry a black jack KT-340 plug kit and a couple of TireJect sealant (mostly for others). If you want to see a torture test of the TireJect, check out this video on youtube:

On the Ranger NS the tires would never hold pressure. So I finally Slimed them and never again had any issues with pressure. I'm sure it is a mess to change a tire, but if I couldn't hold tire pressure, I'd do the Slime all over again. So far, no problems with holding pressure on the ADV.

Latest Discussions

Back