Spring Brake Thingy

Jimbo

Oct 10, 2023
Iowa
Fyi for those having a Spring Brake Thingy installed. I had mine set for for approximately 36 hrs setting on the trailer heading to northern Wisconsin before unloading to find that it messed up the pressure switch on the brake master cylinder (stuck on). Had to take it to shop and have it replaced would not reset.

Last edited:
Good to know, I have one sitting in my toolbox ready to be installed. Questioning it now. :) Do you think it's a one-off problem or did the shop provide any advice?

He just said that he wouldn’t leave it on that long just use park. I will not be using like that again only for a short time when needed on a hill or something. Might have a bad switch don’t know? But I lost half a day at the shop and that’s them getting me in within a hour which I thought was awesome! So I gave them a tip 😁

I’ve used mine to keep the rig locked in place on trailer for days and not had an issue yet. But I also replaced the stock brake pressure switch on my first ride out (before I installed parking brake) because the stock switch was bad from factory. They have a terrible history with these switches. I’d suggest not replacing it with Polaris branded pressure switch.

Thanks, I was only considering it for the trailer and runs to Hatfield and Rock Run. So 7 or 8 hours max. Seemed like a great idea for the extra protection during hauling. The chances of us getting the service you did are slim to none. :)

I’ve used mine to keep the rig locked in place on trailer for days and not had an issue yet. But I also replaced the stock brake pressure switch on my first ride out (before I installed parking brake) because the stock switch was bad from factory. They have a terrible history with these switches. I’d suggest not replacing it with Polaris branded pressure switch.
If ya dont mind me asking, what switch did you go with? Might be worth keeping one on hand..

Last edited:
Just bought this one off amazon. No issues with it since! I bought one “just in case” and needed it within the first 50 miles on the odometer. My advice- replace it at home in a controlled environment, never know where it might go out on you!

I've been having issues with mine. Where is it located and what did you replace it with?

I've been having issues with mine. Where is it located and what did you replace it with?
It’s located under the front driver wheel well against the firewall. I can grab some pics and share if you need them for reference. The one I replaced it with I included in the link above message. It’s the Amazon link.

Hope this helps!

Latest Discussions

Back