Sound deading materials

has anybody used this yet? Pictures? Review/Feedback. I’ve done a lot of deadening on the back of the XP5 but it still is pretty loud. I don’t have anything on the floor or behind the roofliner yet

has anybody used this yet? Pictures? Review/Feedback. I’ve done a lot of deadening on the back of the XP5 but it still is pretty loud. I don’t have anything on the floor or behind the roofliner yet
Here’s a pic of the rear floor. Came out pretty good so I ordered another sheet for the front. Waiting on materials for the back fire wall to finish.

Attachments

• IMG_0055.jpeg
    IMG_0055.jpeg
    509.1 KB · Views: 303
So I finally finished up with the rear floor and fire wall on the XP5 and feel that I really made a good improvement on the engine noise! So here’s what I used, First. Killmat and Resonix pro CLD squares first layer, Second. I replaced the felt liner and installed Resonix lead sound barrier cut to size of the felt liner and bolted to the fire wall like the felt liner was. Third. Cut Resonix fiber mat 45 to the size of felt liner but just straight across at the bottom and install over the sound barrier. Installed upper back set (it was a tight fit). Installed some more RezoNix pro CLD squares on parts of the lower sections back area walls and installed lower half of the seat. Installed Dynadeck on the rear floor.
The wife and I jumped in went out for the test. Didn’t take us long at all both of us said that’s definitely an improvement! I didn’t have any prior measurements but I used my phone for a db reading and saw 78 to 80 db at WOT approximately 8100 rpms (Not sure on accuracy on phone app?) WOW I said that pretty damn good lol… So we both think that it was definitely an improvement over just the kilmat and the factory felt liner by far. I believe I can live with the noise levels now easily. :) I really think that the lead sound barrier and the fiber mat 45 really provided the biggest difference! Really would love to see what the db levels would be using the sound barrier all over the back wall? But you would probably run into a fitment problem at some point.

Last edited:
So I finally finished up with the rear floor and fire wall on the XP5 and feel that I really made a good improvement on the engine noise! So here’s what I used, First. Killmat and Rezonix pro CLD squares first layer, Second. I replaced the felt liner and installed RezoNix lead sound barrier cut to size of the felt liner and bolted to the fire wall like the felt liner was. Third. Cut RezoNix fiber mat 45 to the size of felt liner but just straight across at the bottom and install over the sound barrier. Installed upper back set (it was a tight fit). Installed some more RezoNix pro CLD squares on parts of the lower sections back area walls and installed lower half of the seat. Installed Dynadeck on the rear floor.
The wife and I jumped in went out for the test. Didn’t take us long at all both of us said that’s definitely an improvement! I didn’t have any prior measurements but I used my phone for a db reading and saw 78 to 80 db at WOT approximately 8100 rpms (Not sure on accuracy on phone app?) WOW I said that pretty damn good lol… So we both think that it was definitely an improvement over just the kilmat and the factory felt liner by far. I believe I can live with the noise levels now easily. :) I really think that the lead sound barrier and the fiber mat 45 really provided the biggest difference! Really would love to see what the db levels would be using the sound barrier all over the back wall? But you would probably run into a fitment problem at some point.
Jimbo, that's awesome to hear (or not to hear). Happy wife, happy life.. :) The independent testing that ResoNix has posted is pretty surprising with some of the products that work exceptionally well. That said, it is actually an independent test, I had my wife find it on FB and there is also more recent test results. I just purchased 3 boxes of NVX (it scored well and is black) and was going to also use ResoNix. I have a question on the product; I'm tracking the ResoNix fiber mat 45 you mentioned, but I can't find the ResoNix Lead Sound Barrier. For my own clarification, are you referring to the "ResoNix Barrier-Moldable Noise Barrier"? if so, was it as easy to work with as they claim and what thickness did you go with? That stuff isn't cheap. I'm ready to get into this project and will post before, and after results for the ADV5..

Last edited:
Jimbo, that's awesome to hear (or not to hear). Happy wife, happy life.. :) The independent testing that ResoNix has posted is pretty surprising with some of the products that work exceptionally well. That said, it is actually an independent test, I had my wife find it on FB and there is also more recent test results. I just purchased 3 boxes of NVX (it scored well and is black) and was going to also use ResoNix. I have a question on the product; I'm tracking the ResoNix fiber mat 45 you mentioned, but I can't find the ResoNix Lead Sound Barrier. For my own clarification, are you referring to the "ResoNix Barrier-Moldable Noise Barrier"? if so, was it as easy to work with as they claim and what thickness did you go with? That stuff isn't cheap. I'm ready to get into this project and will post before, and after results for the AVD5..
Yes Ryan it is the Resonix Barrier. I used the 3mm as it was going to be a tight fit with the fiber mat 45 over the top of it. Yes it’s very easy to work with you can cut it with scissors and mold it to how you want it And yes it is not cheap. Think you’re paying for the lead sheetIng which isn’t probably cheap. If you have the room for it I would go with the 7mm But if the Adv. is configured like the Xp5 go with the 3mm. Hope that helps clarify things for you.

Last edited:
Update on noise levels… Cruising speed is about around 70 db at average at 30 to 35 mph. Still was around 78 to 80 db wot… Take note Polaris you could fix this without a clutch modification just use the right materials! That’s my 2 cents worth!! I’m happy 😁

Last edited:
I also had a problem with the amount of noise in my Xpedition. I ended up going with ResoNix Sound Solutions products after finding them and speaking with Nick on the phone, which was very helpful. I ended up going with a combination of the ResoNix Super Max Mega Pro CLD Squares, ResoNix Fiber Mat 25, and the ResoNix Barrier. I used the combination on both sides of the firewall. It worked incredibly, and the noise is much lower than the previous levels.
How did you attach it to the firewall ??? Is it adhesive backed or ............

I pulled the back seat pretty easy. I got the first two layers of the resonix products in, the third is being held hostage by fedex somewhere. But even with the 2 layers in it made a noticeable difference. I gotta order more to do the outside/back of the firewall. In the 2nd picture the fiber mat is just laying in there

Attachments

• 20240401_095228.jpg
    20240401_095228.jpg
    325.9 KB · Views: 182
  • 20240401_102902.jpg
    20240401_102902.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 162
We just finished installing the Resonix sound material. We used the Resonix Sound Deadener, the Resonix Fiber 45 and the Lead Sound Barrier on the inside firewall. Plus the factory sound barrier over it all. It's a tight fit but it does work. So far we have only used the Sound Deadener on the outside of the firewall. All with a very noticeable difference in noise. We are able to carry on a conversation and listen to the radio at a little more than half volume.

I think what noise I am getting now is coming from the air intakes that run up the back of the cab. That's the next place I will be adding some type of sound deadener. Resonix warned me that this was not a magic wand but it did help, fairly easy to install. Had to remove the seat back and remove the box.

My lead barrier showed up today, and I ordered some of the extra thick cld squares for the outside of the firewall. Just with the regular cld squares and the fiber barrier inside was a great improvement. Can't wait to finish it. Also nick said 10 squares of the cld would do the inside & outside of the firewall, but I tried to cover every square inch inside and had none left for the outside. Fyi

I am in the process of installing sound deadening mat. SGM car found on Amazon. Paid $69. Have it installed and will report the results. Also bought interlocking workout room squares 1/2"x 24" x 24" from Homedepot, $49. and cut to fit. Put Flex tape on backside of mat to hold together and put a rubber floor mat across rear $24. Well follow up with pictures soon. Nothing like options. I am pleased with the results as I can talk to my wife and can hear the radio at half volume. I like the black color of the stuff. I put two layers on as have plenty to spare.20240410_114047.jpg20240410_113946.jpg20240410_172646.jpg20240410_171755.jpg20240410_170409.jpg20240410_114047.jpg20240410_113946.jpg20240410_172646.jpg20240410_171755.jpg20240410_170409.jpg20240413_113409.jpg added the heat and deadening to fire wall. Huge improvement on the cabin noise.
Bought all on Amazon total cost about $125 for materials.

Last edited:
Back