RPM

Hammer

Nov 2, 2023
Maryland
Got mine last Saturday. I feel like the rpm's are so high on this machine, I feel like I am running the motor too hard. What have you guys done to help this ?

While it may seem you’re running it too high, you’re not. These are the same motors that are in the ‘24 RZR Pro XP. They are perfectly fine to run up to around 9000 rpm and the stock tune won’t let it over 8200-8300.

You can lower the rpm with a clutch kit, but in doing so you’ll drop it out of its peak hp and torque. On ours, we did the ECM Tune and clutch kit to allow higher rpm. It’s still running safe for the motor at 8700-8800 but even more snappy running.

So what rpm's is everyone seeing? My bone stock xp2 Northstar from a standing start will jump to 7000 and stay there till speed approaches 60 mph. then it slowly climbs to 8000 and stays there.

I've got a Gilomen tune and Gilomen performance clutch kit. I can maintain 8800+rpm. Given a little good road, it will top out somewhere over 77mph. I just let off there, as I didn't think it really mattered. I never need speed like that anyway. But I love the torque and acceleration Gilomen offers.

Back