RAW GAS SMELL

jeselec

Jul 2, 2024
minnesota
Has anyone have a issue with the smell of gas fumes in cab,passenger side is really strong,worst when warm and in the hills. This is when we have windows open. Thanks

Yes, I have the 2dr XP Northstar, does it eveytime it is warm out and not just on trails, does it on road riding as well, pretty much at any level of gas in the tank.

Has anyone have an issue with the smell of gas fumes in cab,passenger side is really strong,worst when warm and in the hills. This is when we have windows open. Thanks
The vent is located on driver side . It goes into frame tube behind driver seat . Mine normally does smell on half or less fuel on hot days. I am going to install a charcoal canister in line . I am not waiting on Polaris to solve. Have a great day .

Ours did it for the first time on our latest trip to Colorado. Had less than 1/4 tank of fuel. Had to put the windows up and turn the AC on to keep the fumes out. Let us know if you get yours fixed with the charcoal canister

Ours did it for the first time on our latest trip to Colorado. Had less than 1/4 tank of fuel. Had to put the windows up and turn the AC on to keep the fumes out. Let us know if you get yours fixed with the charcoal canister

Attachments

• IMG_1674.png
    IMG_1674.png
    1,015.8 KB · Views: 40
Thanks. Several guys over on one of the FB groups say "the roll over valve check ball is stuck. You can unhook the vent at the tank and take a air hose and blow the ball back where supposed to be. Has happened to me and if it happens again ill just drill and install a better quality roll over valve and tie it into the oem vent tube". Next time we go back to our vacation home where the XP5 is I will check it.

Thanks. Several guys over on one of the FB groups say "the roll over valve check ball is stuck. You can unhook the vent at the tank and take an air hose and blow the ball back where supposed to be. Has happened to me and if it happens again ill just drill and install a better quality roll over valve and tie it into the oem vent tube". Next time we go back to our vacation home where the XP5 is I will check it.
If that was the case it would do it all the time . When fuel tank is half or less the radiator lines under tank start vaporizing fuel causing smell . I will be putting canister on mine . Thanks for input .

If that was the case it would do it all the time . When fuel tank is half or less the radiator lines under tank start vaporizing fuel causing smell . I will be putting canister on mine . Thanks for input .
The last time I had low fuel I did not get the fumes. Both times I was in Colorado. I was probably 2 to 3,000 ft higher in elevation the second time when I did get the fumes

I tried to blow in my tank with a compressor and rag wrapped around it. Thought I heard the ball move. Next trip into the mountains we got the gas fumes again. So I got a 3' piece of 5/16" hose and tried sucking and blowing on the hose. The ball moved a little. Took the hose off and squirted some WD-40 into it. I was going to use silicon spray but was afraid too. Put the hose back on and blew and sucked and the ball moved freely. Next trip back to the mountains (early Oct) I will report back how it does

Latest Discussions

Back