Purchasing out of state.

RicB

Nov 5, 2023
Michigan
In an effort to save a few grand, I am tempted to travel 200-300 miles to purchase a new Xpedition. Could that decision possibly come back and bite me in the butt sometime down the road? Possibly getting warranty service, etc.?

In an effort to save a few grand, I am tempted to travel 200-300 miles to purchase a new Xpedition. Could that decision possibly come back and bite me in the butt sometime down the road? Possibly getting warranty service, etc.?
Anything that is a factory warranty “should” be able to be done at any Polaris dealer. However, if you purchase a warranty or service agreement where you buy the machine, it’ll only be useable at that dealership.

The problem is they may "have" to service your vehicle but they can also make you wait for months. RV dealers are real bad about that. Car dealers can be too. Ford says they have to do all warranty work but if you bought it from some low baller out of state then you may be waiting a good long time for service.. I always buy Riders Advantage extended warranties from my dealer. They don't turn down claims like Polaris does and nearly all dealerships will do the work.

I bought from my local dealer and am completely satisfied. They'll bend over backwards for me. As far as price goes, they was within a couple hundred bucks of any other deal that I found. I made the decision to keep the business local and have never regretted it.

I bought from my local dealer and am completely satisfied. They'll bend over backwards for me. As far as price goes, they was within a couple hundred bucks of any other deal that I found. I made the decision to keep the business local and have never regretted it.
A couple hundred bucks is a no brainer...go local for sure. But a $3500 savings to buy from a dealer 400 miles from home has me thinking. Thanks for your reply.

Show the deal to your local guy. This market is getting pretty competitive and they may also see the value of keeping the business local

Back