Polaris Matte Orange Rust Xpedition ADV 5 NorthStar Accessories

I really like the location of the jack. Is one of the 3 wires from tail light hot all the time without the brake pushed or just on when you turn the lights on

I really like the location of the jack. Is one of the 3 wires from tail light hot all the time without the brake pushed or just on when you turn the lights on
Honestly, I don't remember but I think so. I'm super busy to check but you could call Dave at RLB Light Bar ((530) 888-9600) and he could tell you for sure.
Thinking about it, my chase light is wired to a dash 3 position switch. The middle is on, the bottom is off and when you push the rocker switch up it changes the pattern on the chase light. With the switch on when I stop and shut down the vehicle the chase light stays on. Hope that helps. Call Dave!

Last edited:
One of the drawbacks of the Xpedition cockpit is the lack of storage space. In other side by sides, you can install door bags to get that storage space. Time will tell on how we get it in an Xpedition. So, Polaris came out with their RAM Mount for the Phone. I had it install as they said to, but I had a backing plate added to strengthen the mount. I'll eventually install the SDR Motorsports mount that they displayed at the Sand Show when it produced. In addition, I had a triple USB device (1 standard USB and 2 C ports) and a 12-volt socket installed to power the phones and the GPS. I put those Items on a switch so I could have power when the vehicle is shut down. Since both those devices came with in-line fuses, I had a fuse block and a 100amp Thermal Circuit Breaker installed. Nothing worse than something going wrong, and it's raining, and you have to find that damn fuse. No more, just look under the hood.
Where did you route the wires to?

One of the drawbacks of the Xpedition cockpit is the lack of storage space. In other side by sides, you can install door bags to get that storage space. Time will tell on how we get it in an Xpedition. So, Polaris came out with their RAM Mount for the Phone. I had it install as they said to, but I had a backing plate added to strengthen the mount. I'll eventually install the SDR Motorsports mount that they displayed at the Sand Show when it produced. In addition, I had a triple USB device (1 standard USB and 2 C ports) and a 12-volt socket installed to power the phones and the GPS. I put those Items on a switch so I could have power when the vehicle is shut down. Since both those devices came with in-line fuses, I had a fuse block and a 100amp Thermal Circuit Breaker installed. Nothing worse than something going wrong, and it's raining, and you have to find that damn fuse. No more, just look under the hood.
Nice build. Did you install a seat belt bypass connector, if so where is it?

Where did you route the wires
The wires were run from the back of the 2 devices (12v plug-in and USB plug), to an on/off switch on the bottom row of the vehicle panel, then through the firewall at the vacant hole Polaris provided to run wires (Polaris Access Port), to a fuse block protected by a circuit breaker.
I do not have any pictures of the bypass connector area, which I'll add later, but yes, I did add the seat belt bypass connector and it's a 5-minute job. Remove the driver's seat 1st, then remove the battery box cover. Look for the seatbelt wiring that runs down from the seatbelt attachment point closest to the center console to under the console. You should be looking at the wiring through the opening of the battery box. You will see a connector. That is where you install the bypass connector.

NOTE: IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION: With the battery cover removed, you can see and have access to your seat belt wiring, shifter linkage, the drive shaft, the zerk fitting and the drive shaft loop that may be rubbing on your drive shaft and causing damage.

Attachments

• Circuit Breaker.JPG
    Circuit Breaker.JPG
    184.5 KB · Views: 80
  • Fuse Block.JPG
    Fuse Block.JPG
    236.5 KB · Views: 73
  • Opened Dash Panel.jpeg
    Opened Dash Panel.jpeg
    317.5 KB · Views: 73
  • Under Hood.JPG
    Under Hood.JPG
    324.6 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
Another Accessory task completed. I have 3 overhead lights in my Xpedition ADV 5 NorthStar. I soon realized that turning them on and off was a pain in addition to my wife not being able to reach the individual light switch. So I had them wired to a switch on the panel to turn them on and off without the key on.

Finally, realizing that if I ever needed battery post access for whatever reason, it would be a pain because removing the seat is a PAIN!! Therefore, I installed remote battery posts. I wanted them in the front seat area drivers' side but the mechanic thought they would be safer in the back seat. So there in the back seat area behind the driver's seat.

Attachments

• IMG_4337.JPG
    IMG_4337.JPG
    329.3 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_4338.JPG
    IMG_4338.JPG
    258.2 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_4341.JPG
    IMG_4341.JPG
    515.4 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_4342.JPG
    IMG_4342.JPG
    385.1 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Thanks for the help. Did you install the Gilman clutch kit and how well does it work cutting down the noise and have you installed sound deadening material behind the head liner?

Thanks for the help. Did you install the Gilman clutch kit and how well does it work cutting down the noise and have you installed sound deadening material behind the head liner?
No on all your questions. These clutch kits all affect the Xpeditions performance. The Xpedition is a heavy vehicle and needs the lower gearing to perform the way Polaris wants them too. I think you'll see more burned belts if you install any of the clutch kits IMHO! Reference the sound, I wear headsets to talk to my passenger and to communicate via radio to our off-road group. I did install carpet from Car'l out of Idaho which helps some but the sound has never been an issue with me.

Now I added the Full Coverage Fender Flares by Polaris. Here is the link. Full Coverage Fender Flares | Polaris XPEDITION The kit fits both the 2 seat and the 5 seat ADV. I did the install in about an hour. All the parts to include the push pins come in the kit. Super easy to install. The only area you need to watch is the rear installation. It is a 2 part install and you have to watch that the gap between the 2 pieces is as small as possible. You'll see what I mean when you place the 2 parts up to the vehicle before you do any drilling. I'd recommend everyone add this accessory especially if you go with bigger tires. Otherwise, you have a better chance of slinging a rock into a window or your windshield.
Not sure if you or anyone else here is disappointed in the rear flares not being extended long enough? My rear taillights and bedsides keep getting covered in mud in that last bit of uncovered territory. I actually bought some textured plastic and made my own extensions to cure this problem. A good carpenter knife, square, 10 push pins, drill and torch later.....I came up with the fix. The gap takes a little getting used to but trying to find a way to connect it to the back of the factory flares was going to be tough.
IMG_20231229_191637070.jpg
IMG_20231229_194540209_HDR.jpg
IMG_20231229_194529536_HDR.jpg
IMG_20231229_194524211_HDR.jpg

In regards to some of the noise concerns here .....I bought some 3/4" rubber stall mats in a 4x6 sheet at Tractor Supply and made my own floor mats. Make sure you have plenty blades when cutting this stuff! It helps kill some of the echoing engine noise that gets between the floor and skid plate. Also did a bunch of triple later sound deadening on the outside and inside of my XP5. I used the Siless brand mats in 5mm with the heat barrier on Amazon. Still bit noisy inside after all this......but it's so much more tolerable now!
IMG_20231128_195113807_HDR.jpg
IMG_20231128_200834762_HDR.jpg
IMG_20231128_195123490_HDR.jpg
IMG_20231128_172919719_HDR.jpg
IMG_20231203_202019309.jpg
IMG_20231203_201957080.jpg
IMG_20231203_205502832.jpg

So, I've slowly but surely been adding accessories to our Polaris Xpedition ADV 5 NorthStar. At least what the wallet will bare right now. So far, all the accessories have come with easy-to-understand instructions. If it's a Polaris accessory, you'll have to download and print the instructions at your choosing. I'm going to post each of my accessories with pictures and links to where I got the accessory. Sorry for some of the terrible pictures. Feel free to chime in and post some of your accessories. If you have a better idea, Great!! It helps everyone. So, I'll start with the Rear Window Handle. Polaris considers the locking devices on the windows a handle also. They are hard to grab in bad weather or if you have small hands. My solution was this stick-on handle from Amazon. Amazon product ASIN B09TTKJXMV There are 1000's of handles so choose whatever you like.
installed this type of handle and after 90 days, it's still working well

I like how your power sources were mounted. Did you build the plate to mount both of the charging devices Or did they come togethe? If so could you tell me where you purchased? thanks for your time.

Attachments

• IMG_0663.jpeg
    IMG_0663.jpeg
    142.2 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
I like how your power sources were mounted. Did you build the plate to mount both of the charging devices Or did they come togethe? If so could you tell me where you purchased? thanks for your time.
Actually, I bought this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BDK455B2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09PDBWWDR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and then swapped out parts to get the desired result I wanted.

Last edited:
Back