Polaris clutch kit

Had mine installed yesterday. i have to say i LOVE IT......i was at 4800 rpm at 25 mph, very comfortable as far as noise goes. I only ran it up and back to about 40 mph and i really didnt notice any difference in the power delivery. It allows you to actually use low gear again, which seems to be just as good as before, now this was just on average dirt roads, few climbs to check low speed. What everyone needs to keep in mind is these are not designed to be a replacement for a sport model (pro xp, etc). so you need to manage your expectations on power delivery. If your on the fence about getting it installed don't be, you wont regret it.
Can I ask which kit you had installed? The Polaris kit?

Yes the polaris.
Thanks, I did ask the dealer that they order the kit for me. We also saved the Rugged Radio Intercom and installed it in our Xpedition. Can't comment yet if that helps, don't have enough time on the machine. But I can tell you that the Rugged Radio headphones in our Ranger basically eliminated any noise at speed above 40-45. You can carry on a conversation with your passenger like you are home on the couch.;)

Thanks, I did ask the dealer that they order the kit for me. We also saved the Rugged Radio Intercom and installed it in our Xpedition. Can't comment yet if that helps, don't have enough time on the machine. But I can tell you that the Rugged Radio headphones in our Ranger basically eliminated any noise at speed above 40-45. You can carry on a conversation with your passenger like you are home on the couch.;)
Installed Rugged Intercom within a couple weeks of ownership due to noise. Now rides are much more comfortable, no longer have to scream to have conversations and intercom allows stereo with great vox operation.

I’m talking about the Polaris clutch kit only. Everything Hunterworks talked about , in my opinion, is also the Polaris kit. I’m sure there are others that can build a quality product. I would like to hear from someone who has actually done more than the Polaris kit and see the results so that I can form a more informed opinion.
I would love to talk to the guy from AA and see if there was any power or top speed loss neither of which I am willing to give up.
My Xpedition is no louder than my full cab ranger with a Duraclutch.
From my experience with AA, he (Michael Hurd) will answer any question you have. I typically message him via FB but he also has a contact form on his website. I have his kits on my XP5 as well as my Turbo R
Aftermarket Assassins

Results from before and after Polaris clutch kit installed. In low range at 15 mph the rpm was 5500. After kit installed at same speed rpm was 5000. In high range at 40 mph the rpm was 6200 rpm, after kit installed it was 5700 rpm. At 50mph it was 7200 rpm and after kit 6200. It was 20 degrees and windy And also they replaced the belt. Top speed though was 53 in high in comfort position. It was less noisy and a big improvement. Was worth it to me. 70 yrs old and don’t go that fas anyway. The low range was a lot better and seemed more like my last ranger. Only disadvantage was I can hear the wife talking now.

Mike, sounds like you need one of these.
484-c7bea8320ca693aedd597a00fcf80596.jpeg

Anyone else do this and have a report back? Trying to decide whether or not to install...or leave stock. Thanks in advance...

Just got mine back from the having the clutch done at my dealer. Pretty happy with it. Pretty much 1000 rpm drop at most speeds compared to the old. At first I was disappointed with acceleration in comfort mode. Slow to the high speed of 58. And 6600 rpm. Put it in sport and it rips to 69 and about 8000 rpm. Very happy! Tooling around in comfort it feels alof like my old ranger. Glad I fid the clutch.

I was at my dealer, they swapped out a Northstar 2 seater clutch weights to the low rpm Polaris kit. We ran my XP5 Northstar in a little drag race, the crew cab kept right along with the 2 seater and I thought was slightly pulling away. I opted to keep mine with the orginal clutch weights. The modified ones basically held rpm around 7,7500 vs 8500 when putting it to the floor. I feel like a crew weighing 400 more pounds keeping up is more benefit than a slight drop in noise at 30mph

Back