Polaris clutch kit

mike

Jun 20, 2023
Grand Rapids MN
Went to dealer and the clutch kit is available through Polaris. They call it a comfort kit XSA-24-01. If you want this you need to request it at your dealer. It is considered a service advisory. Ordered mine. Will reply with review after dealer install.

No charge for it or for the installation. There is another post on here also that I originally seen and it posted the service advisory. I couldn’t find the other post but thanks for posting. I took a picture of that post and went to dealer to order.

Might be a trade off of some power loss and longer to attain top speed. I have not installed mine yet but I'll gladly accept the trade off.

I just watched a deep dive video into this problem from Hunter Works, (Dura Clutch), and he says it’s a bad trade off. Available on you tube.
I’ll be keeping mine stock for now.

Would be interesting to see how this kit compares to the Gilomen clutch kit.
Gilomen quiet low rpm clutch kit only contains new weights and a primary spring. You would have to add their Super Clutch Kit to get the secondary spring and a new helix and then add more weights to lower the rpms.
The After Market Assassins S3 Clutch Kit with the cruiser option gives you a new helix, primary and secondary springs, and adjustable weights.
The Polaris kit is ONLY weights.

I just watched a deep dive video into this problem from Hunter Works, (Dura Clutch), and he says it’s a bad trade off. Available on you tube.
I’ll be keeping mine stock for now.
That's his opinion. Talk to the guys at Gilomen and After Market Assassins about their kits. The guy from AA has over 900 hard miles on his Xpedition running his clutch kit and no issues.

Had mine installed yesterday. i have to say i LOVE IT......i was at 4800 rpm at 25 mph, very comfortable as far as noise goes. I only ran it up and back to about 40 mph and i really didnt notice any difference in the power delivery. It allows you to actually use low gear again, which seems to be just as good as before, now this was just on average dirt roads, few climbs to check low speed. What everyone needs to keep in mind is these are not designed to be a replacement for a sport model (pro xp, etc). so you need to manage your expectations on power delivery. If your on the fence about getting it installed don't be, you wont regret it.

That's his opinion. Talk to the guys at Gilomen and After Market Assassins about their kits. The guy from AA has over 900 hard miles on his Xpedition running his clutch kit and no issues.
I’m talking about the Polaris clutch kit only. Everything Hunterworks talked about , in my opinion, is also the Polaris kit. I’m sure there are others that can build a quality product. I would like to hear from someone who has actually done more than the Polaris kit and see the results so that I can form a more informed opinion.
I would love to talk to the guy from AA and see if there was any power or top speed loss neither of which I am willing to give up.
My Xpedition is no louder than my full cab ranger with a Duraclutch.

Does anyone know what Polaris is actually doing to the clutch? Is it just weights and a spring kit on the primary? I’d have to drag mine 200 miles to the dealer to get it done plus kill an entire day, if all they’re doing is a couple weights and a spring I might opt for the gilomen it’s only 200 bucks.

Back