Obnoxiously LOUD !!

Coming from a rzr xp4 1000. I bought an xp5 Xpedition even after hearing all the complaints of noise…. Is it noisy inside ? Yes but not any different than listening to my open air rzr. I carry passengers in back seat and we still have a conversation, yes, talking a little louder. In my mind it’s still an off-road toy and the engine noise isn’t an issue at all for me. I got it in March and it came with the Polaris clutch kit so I have no way to compare to pre clutch kit machines.

Coming from a rzr xp4 1000. I bought an xp5 Xpedition even after hearing all the complaints of noise…. Is it noisy inside ? Yes but not any different than listening to my open air rzr. I carry passengers in back seat and we still have a conversation, yes, talking a little louder. In my mind it’s still an off-road toy and the engine noise isn’t an issue at all for me. I got it in March and it came with the Polaris clutch kit so I have no way to compare to pre clutch kit machines.
My Turbo R is way louder than my old XP Turbo. I don't like it but am stuck with the noise.
I expected a 45k machine to be way quieter than my 10 yr old Ranger with cab but it wasn't. I spent lots of time and money making it tolerable.

Try driving one with out the larger weights. I doubt you would be happy

I know its a utv and not a car. My first ride was loud as hell in my 2 seater adv on the road, and then a bit quieter on gravel and offroad. It has this small pad in the bed over the engine for engine noise and heat reduction i assume, but I started laying out moving blankets in the bed and between the seats and firewall along with towels to pinpoint where the most sound is coming from. The firewall, under the seats, and along the corners going up to the bed made a difference. I know guys with ranger northstars use some heat reducing, sound dampening mat material and just roll it out and cut it up to fit, does anyone know what the manufacturer of that is or a similar substitute? I don't believe there are kits out yet, so just lay and cut in like carpeting.

I know its a utv and not a car. My first ride was loud as hell in my 2 seater adv on the road, and then a bit quieter on gravel and offroad. It has this small pad in the bed over the engine for engine noise and heat reduction i assume, but I started laying out moving blankets in the bed and between the seats and firewall along with towels to pinpoint where the most sound is coming from. The firewall, under the seats, and along the corners going up to the bed made a difference. I know guys with ranger northstars use some heat reducing, sound dampening mat material and just roll it out and cut it up to fit, does anyone know what the manufacturer of that is or a similar substitute? I don't believe there are kits out yet, so just lay and cut in like carpeting.
Resonix all the way. All the pictures of his kit, before it was a kit are mine. Be it a xp5 though. But its night & day to a stock machine.

Check out Terick Solutions;

Great products and installation guides. I have the rubber floor mats and bed mat for my ADV5 and sound proofed the bulkhead under the back seat. I have no problems.

My Yamaha Banshee is also loud, but that is the price for having fun.

Latest Discussions

Back