New Tires and Wheels

JTBarlow

Jun 26, 2023
NV
Just finished installing new tires and wheels. These are Packard Performance S5 Beadlock Wheels with 3.5x3.5 offset and Maxxis Carnivore 32/10 R15 Tires. I’m loving the new look 😊
IMG_7725.jpeg
IMG_7727.jpeg
IMG_7726.jpeg

Those wheels are legit! Super lightweight too! Did you happen to weigh them to see what the weight difference over stock is?

Stock wheel and tire weighed in at 57.4Lbs…
Packard wheel with 32” Maxxis Carnivore weight is 54.2Lbs
It's not as much weight saving as I would have thought. I guess the larger Carnivore tire is much heavier than stock?

It's not as much weight saving as I would have thought. I guess the larger Carnivore tire is much heavier than stock?
I think the majority of that weight difference is the tire. I didn’t weigh just the Packard wheel but the website says 17.5 lbs

Weighing a stock wheel it says 17.4 lbs.

Considering all the extra hardware in the Packard beadlock wheel, I’d say it’s pretty good to keep that close the plain stock wheel.

If I ever do another set of them I’ll try to remember to weigh them

Considering all the extra hardware in the Packard beadlock wheel, I’d say it’s pretty good to keep that close the plain stock wheel.

If I ever do another set of them I’ll try to remember to weigh them
Oh, that's right! I was thinking about their ridiculously light sand wheels. You are correct, that is a lot of hardware on your wheels.

That looks really good! What is your overall width now?
74.5 overall width.
Noticed you have a turn signal kit installed, whose kit did you go with?
Thank you
I have the Ryco turn signal kit.

For usage, I prefer Ryco. Turn signal, horn and hazards all in the single column mounted switch. You don’t have to use up spare switch spots for horn and hazards.

For installation, I much prefer W. D. Electronics turn signal kit. It’s a fair amount easier to install.
The downside to W. D.s kit is you have to pay extra for the hazards option and the hazards and horn are separate switches. Another good side to W. D.s if you tow a trailer they have a plug and play trailer harness that plugs into the same harness at the rear as the turn signal kit.

Oh, that's right! I was thinking about their ridiculously light sand wheels. You are correct, that is a lot of hardware on your wheels.
I mounted up a set of the same tires on the set of Raceline Beadlocks I had on my Xpedition previously. They come in at 57.0 Lbs. Putting the Raceline wheels 2.8 lbs heavier.
I’d honestly be surprised if there’s any beadlocks that are lighter than Packard’s

I mounted up a set of the same tires on the set of Raceline Beadlocks I had on my Xpedition previously. They come in at 57.0 Lbs. Putting the Raceline wheels 2.8 lbs heavier.
I’d honestly be surprised if there’s any beadlocks that are lighter than Packard’s
Agreed! They have some of the lightest wheels in the biz. I was going to run them on a built YXZ I had. I think the wheels I was looking at running were in the neighborhood of 12 lbs.

Agreed! They have some of the lightest wheels in the biz. I was going to run them on a built YXZ I had. I think the wheels I was looking at running were in the neighborhood of 12 lbs.

Come to think about it, I believe we still have my cousin’s paddle set with those super light wheels in my shop still. I’ll have to check their weights tomorrow.

Guess the paddle set we have are Hostile Wheels.

Still a super light set with the front slick coming in at 30.8 lbs and the rear paddle at 37.6 lbs. IMG_7737.jpegIMG_7738.jpeg

We haven’t bothered with that so far. It was only a 2 mph difference between mine when it still had 30s on it and my brother’s with 32s.
My guess would be to call Gilomen or Aftermarket Assassins to see if they can.

Back