New shocks on the rear sway bar of my ADV2 Northstar.

4merMP

Jun 8, 2023
IN
m1911info.com
I watched a YouTube video and saw where a guy had shocks on his rear sway bar. He used Gabriel 83023 shocks, but they were out of stock when I looked on Amazon. So I went with the Monroe 66178. I liked it better anyway, as it has a debris shield on it, which I think would be better on the trails. The bracket on the bottom of the machine wasn't quite wide enough to accept the shock, so I had to shave the roll pin and bushings on the bottom. The top side wasn't any issue at all because the links (and the shocks) just mount to the outside of the sway bar. The hardware was (4) 7/16" x 2 1/2" x 14. I used flat washers, lock washers and nuts...all grade 5. I bought the shocks on Amazon for about $128 tax included. The hardware was only about $5.50 with tax at Rural King. I spent more time modifying the shocks to work than actually swapping them out with the links. Overall, it took a couple hours, besides running down the hardware.

After the install, I road tested it. It did great running down the road at speeds up to just over 70mph. So for less than $150, I think I made an improvement I think I'll appreciate on the trails.

Back