hogrider

Dec 17, 2023
Hayden Id
My name is Karl i have a northstar XP 2 seat really like the machine it has some drawbacks like noise biggest issue and a leaky oil pan which my dealer is aware of and says to bring it in and they will fix, when i do i think i'm going to have transmission geared up don't know how many teeth to go on it. Any suggestions any one?
Thanks for letting me join this group.

Welcome to the forum, Karl! There are several members here that have the same leaky oil pan issue that you have. I'm sure someone will chime in here with their experience with how the dealership handled it.

The dealer is suppose to have parts in Thursday or Friday and they are starting on it. My biggest fear is they will forget to install bolts or not tighten them all up. I will give it a good checking over when I get it back. Hopefully they have good mechanics there I do know mine is the first expedition they have done.

The dealer is suppose to have parts in Thursday or Friday and they are starting on it. My biggest fear is they will forget to install bolts or not tighten them all up. I will give it a good checking over when I get it back. Hopefully they have good mechanics there I do know mine is the first expedition they have done.
Honestly, it's probably better that your dealer is going to get to go through it and fix everything. They have one job to do and want to make you happy. Whereas, the factory is just stamping them out as quickly as possible.

Karl, I don't like to send forum friends to facebook groups but there is a gentleman that has discussed the gearing you are asking about. And I quote what he said. But then there is 21 comments with answers. I am not posting a link unless it is ok with Dragoon.

The xpedition runs the same transmission and gear set as the Turbo R . It has a 23 Tooth reverse shaft and a 50 tooth Stage 2 gear . These are the 2 things you swap out in the transmission if you want to do an across the board gear reduction or increase . This should mean you swap out to polaris Pro XP gears which are 25 tooth reverse shaft and a 46 tooth stage 2 gear . This will increase your gear ratio and you won’t have to rev so high to cruise .

Back