MPG

Thanks for the fuel economy reports. My Turbo R gets about 10 mpg. Same gear ratio in low but my Turbo R has more HP vs the Xpedition being heavier. Looks like the extra weight uses about as much fuel as the extra hp does.
I expect/hope the mpg will come up a bit. I definitely don’t expect to see 200 miles out of a tank, but it’ll need to at least average around the 12-13 mpg range to match the General

I expect/hope the mpg will come up a bit. I definitely don’t expect to see 200 miles out of a tank, but it’ll need to at least average around the 12-13 mpg range to match the General
It's never gonna match the General. Xpedition is heaver, geared lower and has a bigger engine. Then if you run the AC you use even more fuel................

It's never gonna match the General. Xpedition is heaver, geared lower and has a bigger engine. Then if you run the AC you use even more fuel................
First couple tanks are already somewhat in line with what my general did. 9.5mpg on the low end to 12.75 on the high end.

2 trips doesn’t really tell the whole story though so I’ll keep posting mpg updates as I get them.

I definitely agree any of Northstars will get lower mileage because of the A/C but there wasn’t a Northstar general to compare it to.

I’m also aware there’s a lot of variables like terrain, elevation, temperature and how it’s driven that’ll affect overall mileage. I’m just hoping the improvements to the engine will at least compensate for the weight and gearing. Unless there’s a 200 mile stretch of downhill somewhere I don’t expect to see that but I hope to see 150 to 160 miles a few times.

Here’s my latest MPG update.

Just crossed over 500 miles a couple days ago. On my previous fill up i didn’t reset the trip odometer, but I’ve kept record of how many gallons on each fill.

Previous fill up was 6.75 gallons and then today put in 7.81 gallons for a total of 14.56 gallons. Trip odometer read 215.5 miles putting me at 14.80 mpg.

That’s still short of the 16 mpg you’d have to get to match Polaris claim of 200 miles on a tank, but it’s pretty close. This wasn’t babying it either. I drove normally and it has sat and idled quite a few times.

I’ll keep tracking my mpg and see if it continues to improve.

Here’s my latest MPG update:

The past several trips I was filling out of gas cans so I couldn’t get a mpg calculation until I topped it off at a gas station today. I kept track of exactly how much in each can and I am still keeping record of how much I put in every time.

The results are;
453.2 miles
42.255 gallons
10.72 MPG

Around 190-200 miles of that was pulling my camp trailer which weighed between 1200 and 1500 pounds. (Heavier going out camping than coming back)

Back