Love the machine, hate the additional noise between 5000-6000 RPMs

BrunoKY

Jul 7, 2024
Kentucky
My husband bought the 2 seat Xpedition for me early this year. There is a vibration which occurs between 5000-6000 rpms whether in low or high range. Polaris mechanics replaced the clutch, greased the drive shaft and then shrugged their shoulders. I really do not want to sound proof the whole cabin. I would rather find the source of the noise and fix it at the origin. Any other ideas?

I had the same rattle. My polaris dealership said the grease will last a few miles but it will come back. Then polaris will change out the driveshaft. I guess there is too much space in the driveshaft that causes the rattle. I got mine back rattle is gone. I only have about 25 miles on it after the dealership greased it. Waiting for the noise to come back.

Have you tried having the wheels and tires balanced? It could help smooth things out a bit.

2k miles and it comes back pretty quickly after each greasing. If you pop the center console liner out you can see the oscillation and hear the rattle directly in the carrier bearing. Considered having a driveshaft shop balance the prop shaft but was hoping an aftermarket solution would become available.

2k miles and it comes back pretty quickly after each greasing. If you pop the center console liner out you can see the oscillation and hear the rattle directly in the carrier bearing. Considered having a driveshaft shop balance the prop shaft but was hoping an aftermarket solution would become available.
This issue dates back to some of the early RZRs as well. I'm surprised they haven't been able to come up with a solution for this.

Don’t feel bad I’m on my 2nd drive shaft replacement and the tech at dealership keeps telling me that that Polaris just tells them to replace it until they figure out the problem

Dang, thats not encouraging. Already disgusted with the noise issue now I can look forward to drive shaft issues too. Good grief

My husband bought the 2 seat Xpedition for me early this year. There is a vibration which occurs between 5000-6000 rpms whether in low or high range. Polaris mechanics replaced the clutch, greased the drive shaft and then shrugged their shoulders. I really do not willwant to sound proof the whole cabin. I would rather find the source of the noise and fix it at the origin. Any other ideas?
Give the driveshalf a good grease job it will go away for awhile.

My husband bought the 2 seat Xpedition for me early this year. There is a vibration which occurs between 5000-6000 rpms whether in low or high range. Polaris mechanics replaced the clutch, greased the drive shaft and then shrugged their shoulders. I really do not want to sound proof the whole cabin. I would rather find the source of the noise and fix it at the origin. Any other ideas?
Sandcrafters will be coming out with a drive shaft and carrier bearing shortly for 2 seaters . Sooner for 4 seaters . I put one of their shafts on my pro xp what a world of difference. No more growling.

Latest Discussions

Back