License plate location/get interior wet?

muktwnman

Aug 16, 2024
mukwonago wi
Was wondering where you all have been mounting your license plate? Is there somewhere I can buy one that fits the xpedition?
Also, can you hose down the interior with a sprayer on the end of a hose or will it ruin something? My general was all waterproof and I hosed down everything including the ride command.
Thanks!

Was wondering where you all have been mounting your license plate? Is there somewhere I can buy one that fits the xpedition?
Also, can you hose down the interior with a sprayer on the end of a hose or will it ruin something? My general was all waterproof and I hosed down everything including the ride command.
Thanks!
Most I’ve seen without a street legal kit mount the license plate to the muffler cover. There’s enough room between the cover and muffler that you can use short self tapping screws without touching it.

I’ve always washed out the interior on my Xpedition with a pressure washer and hose with no problems. I’m just careful not to use the pressure washer directly on the electronics, but have run the hose across everything to rinse it off.

Thanks for the info! wanted to be sure it was ok to hose everything down like my general!
I always stayed away from the electronics as well.....

Regarding the license plate issue...don't you need to have it illuminated at night? How would I do that if it was mounted on the exhaust cover. And isn't that to hot? Wont the license plate numbers get hot and burn off? Isn't there anything that mounts up underneath the bumper?

Thanks...

As far as I’m aware, you only need a license plate light if you’re licensing street legal. If you’re doing that, there’s usually a lighted mount in whatever street legal kit you might buy.

The muffler cover is a heat shield. It’s insulated on the back of it to help keep people from burning themselves on the muffler. It’ll still get pretty warm, but not enough to damage a license plate.

Thanks!
I’m going to get a rear bumper and mount the plate on that.

Most I’ve seen without a street legal kit mount the license plate to the muffler cover. There’s enough room between the cover and muffler that you can use short self tapping screws without touching it.

I’ve always washed out the interior on my Xpedition with a pressure washer and hose with no problems. I’m just careful not to use the pressure washer directly on the electronics, but have run the hose across everything to rinse it off.
The dealer originally mounted my license plate to the muffler cover. However, the wire to light the plate continued to melt/short and it took out the remainder of my lights. I now have it mounted hanging from the back of the bed and lit. Works great.

WD Electronics LED license plate frame.

Attachments

• IMG_8093.jpeg
    IMG_8093.jpeg
    585.2 KB · Views: 37

Latest Discussions

Back