Interior noise question

Jan 15, 2024
I am wanting to buy a new Xpedition. Should I let the interior noise stop me? Only other thing holding me up is I want Camo color as is holds up better and doesn't show the brush pin stripes as bad.

Last edited:
Interior noise is more than annoying. Can communicate with people in the cab, but have to speak up. Typically I have intercom head phones on and listening to music. Life has trade-off's. It's a personal preference thing. Much of the noise is coming from clutch, which Polaris acknowledges and has indicated their intent to moderate. Other owners have replaced stock clutch with third party. It's generally agreed that the source of the noise is more than the clutch. That said, I love my rig and wouldn't purchase anything else in the current UTV market space.

Interior noise is more than annoying. Can communicate with people in the cab, but have to speak up. Typically I have intercom head phones on and listening to music. Life has trade-off's. It's a personal preference thing. Much of the noise is coming from clutch, which Polaris acknowledges and has indicated their intent to moderate. Other owners have replaced stock clutch with third party. It's generally agreed that the source of the noise is more than the clutch. That said, I love my rig and wouldn't purchase anything else in the current UTV market space.
The noise is coming from the engine because of how it’s geared and clutched. It’s a heavy machine and underpowered which is why they geared it this way. New clutching or gearing will drop rpm’s of the engine allowing it to be quieter but will result in more loss of power

The noise is not coming from the clutch itself. The aftermarket kits lower the rpm, which is what the Polaris fix will do.
The new Prostar engine has a very noisy valve train as compared to the old one. Not sure if they can do anything to quieten that up.
With the Aftermarket Assassin's cruiser clutch kit and insulating the tunnel, and rear firewall (both sides) I am 90% happy with it. Cruising in high at 40 mph it's quieter than my General was. It's still geared so low that I drive in high 90% of the time. I use low only for rocks and steep inclines and then I keep it under 5 mph.

Back