HMF Exhuast (Quiet and Performance)

Ryan

Dec 3, 2023
Southern Maryland
To Turbo or HMF, can't do both. 😉 It definitely sounds quieter. Just recieved the following..

Good morning,
It’s been awhile since we’ve spoke but I have some great news here from HMF. We’ve just rolled out brand new exhaust systems for the Polaris XPedition, and I wanted to let you know before we blast it out to everyone.
There are (2) Systems available, a Single-Slip-On and a Twin-Loop. Each of them add a deeper tone to the machine, and the Twin Loop really brings down the frequencies so it’s not so loud from the cab.

View the Sound Clip Video on YouTube

In addition to the Exhausts, we made some pretty cool Rock Sliders and Inner Fender Guards. Each of these bolt directly to the machine, giving you extra protection and functionality.

I’ve dropped a few links below for you to check out. If you’ve got any questions or need more info, just give me a shout.

Exhaust Systems
Rock Sliders
Inner Fender Guards

Are the rick sliders just for 2 doors or is there an option for the 4 doors Xpeditions ... If there is I want all 3 of the HMF products fir me ADV5.

Are the rick sliders just for 2 doors or is there an option for the 4 doors Xpeditions ... If there is I want all 3 of the HMF products fir me ADV5.
I only see the two-door model listed but they do look good with the step. It may be worth reaching out to ask. They are very responsive to contact emails. I've been back and forth with them on the quiet dual loop exhaust.

I forgot to mention, they reached out to me a month ago asking to use my machine for a few weeks to finish their R&D on the exhaust. They even offered a free exhaust, unfortunately that week I was heading to Hetfield so couldn't be the Guinea pig. They are located in Ohio, I'm sure if your close enough to let them mockup what you need, they can make it happen.

I forgot to mention, they reached out to me a month ago asking to use my machine for a few weeks to finish their R&D on the exhaust. They even offered a free exhaust, unfortunately that week I was heading to Hetfield so couldn't be the Guinea pig. They are located in Ohio, I'm sure if your close enough to let them mockup what you need, they can make it happen.
Hey thanks for the info... I am in Texas, that would be a road trip and then some. I have a buddy with a 2 seater and a machine shop ... We are gonna split the cost on a set for him and fab a set for me.

I talked to HMF today about the 4 door Rock Sliders. They said because of the size and the cost of freight that right now they are not on the table od consideration.

To Turbo or HMF, can't do both. 😉 It definitely sounds quieter. Just recieved the following..

Good morning,
It’s been awhile since we’ve spoke but I have some great news here from HMF. We’ve just rolled out brand new exhaust systems for the Polaris XPedition, and I wanted to let you know before we blast it out to everyone.
There are (2) Systems available, a Single-Slip-On and a Twin-Loop. Each of them add a deeper tone to the machine, and the Twin Loop really brings down the frequencies so it’s not so loud from the cab.

View the Sound Clip Video on YouTube

In addition to the Exhausts, we made some pretty cool Rock Sliders and Inner Fender Guards. Each of these bolt directly to the machine, giving you extra protection and functionality.

I’ve dropped a few links below for you to check out. If you’ve got any questions or need more info, just give me a shout.

Exhaust Systems
Rock Sliders
Inner Fender Guards
So do you own or work for HMF? or are you just forwarding an email that you got from them?

3db means sound is halved but a human can't hear that little of a difference. So $1000 for that would be stupid- unless you just like the look

3db means sound is halved but a human can't hear that little of a difference. So $1000 for that would be stupid- unless you just like the look
Yeah, I don't disagree with you at all. Even though you are halfing the sound energy by 3db it may not be very perceivable. That said, I installed ~$1200 in sound deadening in my AVD and it only reduced the sound by 4db at 50MPH (84.9db to 81db). Although it's not much, the sound and tone inside are considerably quieter to both my wife and me. It's down about 4db across the RPM/Speed spectrum but the screaming\ringing engine noise is gone. What worries me about the HMF email is the 1 to 3db.. So HMF, are you saying we may only get 1db? I wouldn't call it a quiet exhaust at that point.

For Sound Deadening I used:
2 Boxes of NVX Stealth Black
Dyna Deck on front and back floorboards
Resonix Max everywhere I could stick it
Second Sound CCF 3/8 and 1/8
Resonix Barrier, Dyna Deck, and Dyna Pad (replaced the Polaris Pad) in the bed.

The AVD is a loud machine (its a sound box) but for a price you can find some piece. Not quite! lol

Yeah, I don't disagree with you at all. Even though you are halfing the sound energy by 3db it may not be very perceivable. That said, I installed ~$1200 in sound deadening in my AVD and it only reduced the sound by 4db at 50MPH (84.9db to 81db). Although it's not much, the sound and tone inside are considerably quieter to both my wife and me. It's down about 4db across the RPM/Speed spectrum but the screaming\ringing engine noise is gone. What worries me about the HMF email is the 1 to 3db.. So HMF, are you saying we may only get 1db? I wouldn't call it a quiet exhaust at that point.

For Sound Deadening I used:
2 Boxes of NVX Stealth Black
Dyna Deck on front and back floorboards
Resonix Max everywhere I could stick it
Second Sound CCF 3/8 and 1/8
Resonix Barrier, Dyna Deck, and Dyna Pad (replaced the Polaris Pad) in the bed.

The AVD is a loud machine (its a sound box) but for a price you can find some piece. Not quite! lol
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like the amount of noise reduction you get from all this stuff is NOT worth the $$$$$$ spent ??!?!?

Latest Discussions

Back