Hey From So Cal

ADV42

Feb 25, 2024
So Cal
Soon to be an ADV Northstar owner, just put a deposit down today. Will pick up in a few weeks. Huge Glamis fan and off road enthusiast. I've had 4x4 trucks, have a Jeep Rubicon and a YXZ 1000 3 pedal with turbo and high boost motor build for Glamis. This will be my first Polaris and belt driven SxS. Looking to get in to trails and exploring our local deserts. And mountains and meeting up with like minded fun people. Hopefully my wife will like this more than my faster paced YXZ!

Welcome aboard! Your wife should really enjoy the comfort of the northstar, mine does. Biggest thing is the noise from the engine, but there is things you can do with the clutch and sound deadening the firewall. I had fairly good luck on what I did which is posted under sound deadening materials. I opt out for the Polaris clutch mod. As didn’t want to loose performance. To each ones own preference. Would rather upgrade the clutch for better performance. Enjoy!!! And read the forum there’s a lot of good info here everyone puts out!

Last edited:
Welcome aboard! Your wife should really enjoy the comfort of the northstar, mine does. Biggest thing is the noise from the engine, but there is things you can do with the clutch and sound deadening the firewall. I had fairly good luck on what I did which is posted under sound deadening materials. I opt out for the Polaris clutch mod. As didn’t want to loose performance. To each ones own preference. Would rather upgrade the clutch for better performance. Enjoy!!! And read the forum there’s a lot of good info here everyone puts out!
Welcome adv2 and x2 jimbo. Running Gilomen performance clutch and tune and this thing will scream compared to stock. You won’t be disappointed.

Soon to be an ADV Northstar owner, just put a deposit down today. Will pick up in a few weeks. Huge Glamis fan and off road enthusiast. I've had 4x4 trucks, have a Jeep Rubicon and a YXZ 1000 3 pedal with turbo and high boost motor build for Glamis. This will be my first Polaris and belt driven SxS. Looking to get in to trails and exploring our local deserts. And mountains and meeting up with like minded fun people. Hopefully my wife will like this more than my faster paced YXZ!
Welcome to the forum! Glamis is one of my favorite places to ride and I wished I lived closer so I could go more often. Since you're coming from a built YXZ1000 I don't think you will have much of an issue with the sound in the cabin on the Xpedition. My built YXZ was probably the loudest performance machine I've ever had, but damn it was fun!

I'm still keeping my built YXZ, it will be just for Glamis. It's too much for hard packed or loose dirt. Looking forward to some trails and destination rides.

Back