Hello

Dale's Snake Pit

Oct 12, 2024
Fort Mohave Az.
Hello all, new to the Xpedition, but not new to Polaris. I traded in my 2021 Pro-XP last week for the 2025 ADV 5 Northstar. I only have a few miles on it, but really like the comfort, the ride, and no dust! I have had the trill of the turbo power, but now want something more practicable for my uses. I have side mirrors and a street legal kit coming for it. What are some absolute first upgrades (accessories) for these SXS? Thanks and glad to be part of this forum.

Howdy and welcome!

Some things I think are absolute necessities are;
A basic or better tool kit.
Spare belt
Tire plug and patch kit.
Air compressor (12v or cordless)
And a first aid kit.

Other necessities depend on your particular kind of riding.
If you do much night riding, a Light Bar and other additional lights are pretty high up the list. The stock lighting is basically adequate.
If you typically ride with a group, radios (Rugged, PCI, Cardo etc…) are extremely useful.

Other items that are useful but not particularly necessary;

I personally like the Milwaukee Packout system. There are a few manufacturers that make Packout mounts for the Xpedition, and then you can do a combination of tool boxes and coolers without having to strap stuff down.

Cordless blower. Super handy for dusting off whatever gets dusty 😊

Clutch kit and/or ECU tune. The ‘25 models already come with Polaris’ “Comfort” clutch, but it’s just heavier weights in the primary clutch. The secondary clutch still has the fairly open helix that can be a little noisy.
A clutch kit from Aftermarket Assassins, Gilomen and others will include a tighter helix in the secondary clutch and stronger springs for both primary and secondary clutches to reduce belt slippage. Then the primary clutch weights can be loaded up if you prefer lower rpms, or you can go for performance with an ECU Tune and lightening the primary weights. Again, this isn’t necessary but can help fit the machine to your needs.

Larger tires. 32” and some brand’s 33” tires will fit without rubbing on up to a 5/2 offset wheel. Also a deeper offset wheel than the stock 6/1 will give a little wider stance for improved stability and a little softer ride.

Howdy and welcome!

Some things I think are absolute necessities are;
A basic or better tool kit.
Spare belt
Tire plug and patch kit.
Air compressor (12v or cordless)
And a first aid kit.

Other necessities depend on your particular kind of riding.
If you do much night riding, a Light Bar and other additional lights are pretty high up the list. The stock lighting is basically adequate.
If you typically ride with a group, radios (Rugged, PCI, Cardo etc…) are extremely useful.

Other items that are useful but not particularly necessary;

I personally like the Milwaukee Packout system. There are a few manufacturers that make Packout mounts for the Xpedition, and then you can do a combination of tool boxes and coolers without having to strap stuff down.

Cordless blower. Super handy for dusting off whatever gets dusty 😊

Clutch kit and/or ECU tune. The ‘25 models already come with Polaris’ “Comfort” clutch, but it’s just heavier weights in the primary clutch. The secondary clutch still has the fairly open helix that can be a little noisy.
A clutch kit from Aftermarket Assassins, Gilomen and others will include a tighter helix in the secondary clutch and stronger springs for both primary and secondary clutches to reduce belt slippage. Then the primary clutch weights can be loaded up if you prefer lower rpms, or you can go for performance with an ECU Tune and lightening the primary weights. Again, this isn’t necessary but can help fit the machine to your needs.

Larger tires. 32” and some brand’s 33” tires will fit without rubbing on up to a 5/2 offset wheel. Also a deeper offset wheel than the stock 6/1 will give a little wider stance for improved stability and a little softer ride.
Thanks for all the info. So, the stock offset wheel is a 6+1, but I noticed that the front is a 10" wheel, and the rear is an 11". When I purchase a spare wheel and tire which size would fit either the front or back, the 10" or the 11"? What is the reason for the 2 different size Wheels? When I go the upgrade the tires, can I get all 4 tires in the 11" size? (32x11x15). Sorry for all the stupid questions about the wheel and tire sizes, I am just used to having them all the same size. Thanks.

All 4 wheels are 15x7. No idea why they do 11” wide tires on the rear and 10” on the front. 🤷‍♂️ Polaris does that on the General and Ranger too.
I run a Maxxis Carnivore 32/10r15 on all 4 wheels on my Xpedition. Running all 4 tires the same size is better, in my opinion, so you can rotate them as the rear tires typically wear out faster than the front.

Most aftermarket UTV/sxs 15” wheels are 7” wide. There are some 10” wide wheels but they’re intended for paddles, and here and there is a 6” or 8” wide wheel but 7” is pretty much the standard.

Latest Discussions

Back