Hello All- from WI, ride in northern WI and the UP

MASIE1975

Apr 16, 2024
WI
HI, putting my deposit down tonight on a XP 5 Northstar. Is it really that loud? I am coming from a 21 XP Ranger 1000 crew and 17 General......
What are your biggest complaints, what do you love about it?

HI, putting my deposit down tonight on a XP 5 Northstar. Is it really that loud? I am coming from a 21 XP Ranger 1000 crew and 17 General......
Howdy and welcome to the forum 👋

The Xpedition is definitely going to be a lot louder than your Ranger and just a little louder than the General. It is a high performance motor so to me it’s expected.

My only real complaint has been their quality control. My own XP5 has had relatively few problems but there’s been quite a few issues on others I’ve worked on. Most common seems to be oil pan oil leaks, driveline vibrations, missing/loose bolts and hardware and clunking in the front suspension.

All that said, these are some phenomenal machines! They have probably the smoothest ride of any A-arm suspension SxS that I’m aware of. They have excellent power for not technically being a sport machine. And as far as I can see, Polaris is being really good about taking care of warranty issues.

All said, I can’t think of any other machine I’d take over the Xpedition for the kind of riding I do.

welcome, I’m relatively new my self. What part of Wi? I like my xp5 had a few issues. Working them out. Good ride and comfortable, had the clutch kit installed it helped out on some of the noise.

I would wait they likely will come with the 25’s next month (that’s when they launched last year) and I’m seeing some markdowns on the new 24’s to the tune of 5,000$ off. Might be worth looking a little more online! That being said I had one of the first xp5’s (July 1) last year, I’ve had some issues but Polaris has backed it and extended my warranty as well. I’m hoping all the kinks are worked out, it’s been great to drive, the noise is tolerable but it is definitely louder than the ranger crew ns I had.

I had a general last year, expedition northstar xp. Now. Riding last weekend with the windows the noise is the same, it,s louder with the windows up.

welcome, I’m relatively new my self. What part of Wi? I like my xp5 had a few issues. Working them out. Good ride and comfortable, had the clutch kit installed it helped out on some of the noise
We are in southern, near the IL border.

Back