Grab handle

RicB

Nov 5, 2023
Michigan
I'm looking for a grab handle for the front door to help my wife to get in. Something above the door inside or on the A pillar. Any suggestions?

I'm looking for a grab handle for the front door to help my wife to get in. Something above the door inside or on the A pillar. Any suggestions?

This might be what you’re looking for. Description says it includes profiled tube clamps for Polaris

Picture is what I used. Wife loves it. $18.

Attachments

• Xp grab handle.jpg
    Xp grab handle.jpg
    496.3 KB · Views: 147
AJK makes one for the Xpedition. I think I'm going to order one for my wife. At least on the driver side, you've got the steering wheel to grab, but on the passenger side, it can be a pain for some people getting up and in.

Update: I received the AJK grab handle UPS this past Saturday. After looking at it and showing it to my wife, we decided we didn't like the style of it. So I went searching online yesterday and ordered one from Amazon that looks great, feels great to the touch and is a lot less expensive. Amazon.com

So here's what you'll need for the install (2) 14x1" sheet metal screws. You need to buy these with a Phillips head on them because you don't have room to get a socket down in the well of the handle where the screws install. It takes a 7/32" drill bit to make the pilot holes. I used a Milwaukee 3/8" impact to install them.

Ended up being absolutely rock solid. The handle is just flexible enough to flex and lay perfectly flush over the plastic trim piece on the pillar. When you look at it, it looks factory OEM. I can't figure why Polaris failed to give the passenger a grab handle. Oh well. My baby's got one now! :)

Attachments

• PXL_20240701_174648184.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240701_174648184.MP.jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 4
Update: I received the AJK grab handle UPS this past Saturday. After looking at it and showing it to my wife, we decided we didn't like the style of it. So I went searching online yesterday and ordered one from Amazon that looks great, feels great to the touch and is a lot less expensive. Amazon.com

So here's what you'll need for the install (2) 14x1" sheet metal screws. You need to buy these with a Phillips head on them because you don't have room to get a socket down in the well of the handle where the screws install. It takes a 7/32" drill bit to make the pilot holes. I used a Milwaukee 3/8" impact to install them.

Ended up being absolutely rock solid. The handle is just flexible enough to flex and lay perfectly flush over the plastic trim piece on the pillar. When you look at it, it looks factory OEM. I can't figure why Polaris failed to give the passenger a grab handle. Oh well. My baby's got one now! :)
That's awesome and great feedback. I will be ordering these. Thanks

Rob

That's awesome and great feedback. I will be ordering these. Thanks

Rob
Rob, just be careful and make sure you don't have any wiring running in your A pillars from accessories. I know I have wiring in my driver side from my GMRS antenna and possibly the 50" light bar. You really don't need one on the driver side anyway. The driver can always grab the steering wheel if he needs a little help getting in or out. But passenger side is a must, IMO.

Rob, just be careful and make sure you don't have any wiring running in your A pillars from accessories. I know I have wiring in my driver side from my GMRS antenna and possibly the 50" light bar. You really don't need one on the driver side anyway. The driver can always grab the steering wheel if he needs a little help getting in or out. But passenger side is a must, IMO.
Oh ya for sure. I am not planning on getting one for me. It is the wife that needs it. :)

Back