Go Fast Parts

attakracer

Mar 16, 2024
Sault Ste. Marie MI
I would like to hear from anyone who put go fast parts on their car. What did you do and from who and was it worth the $$ & /or headaches ?? I'm looking for a little more throttle response and dont want to spend a pile of money !!!!!

I would like to hear from anyone who put go fast parts on their car. What did you do and from who and was it worth the $$ & /or headaches ?? I'm looking for a little more throttle response and dont want to spend a pile of money !!!!!
I have bike man performance kit. These things are about as peppy as theyā€™re gonna be without some forced induction. And even with that I hadnā€™t seen anyone post 0-60 numbers or show any real life gains other than the touted ā€œ50 whp pickupā€ but they still look kinda slow with turbo. I went to 35s same time tune was installed with clutch kit. I did get to drive shops car that wasnā€™t on 35s and had tune. It seemed slightly more peppy still a turd.

I have bike man performance kit. These things are about as peppy as theyā€™re gonna be without some forced induction. And even with that I hadnā€™t seen anyone post 0-60 numbers or show any real life gains other than the touted ā€œ50 whp pickupā€ but they still look kinda slow with turbo. I went to 35s same time tune was installed with clutch kit. I did get to drive shops car that wasnā€™t on 35s and had tune. It seemed slightly more peppy still a turd.
Aftermarket Assassins posted their 0-80 on Instaā€¦

I understand that !!!!!! I'm not looking for speed, just throttle response !!!
Just joking. šŸ™ƒ

Best mod that doesnā€™t break the bank is an ECM tune and clutch kit. Price ranges from $700 package from Gilomen to $850 from Aftermarket Assassins.

I have the Gilomen setup on my XP5 and my Brother has Aftermarket Assassins on his. Really canā€™t say thereā€™s any difference between the two. It definitely wakes the machine up tho. From there youā€™d have to step up into a turbo kit if you still want more. Those run in the $5k-$6k range.

Just joking. šŸ™ƒ

Best mod that doesnā€™t break the bank is an ECM tune and clutch kit. Price ranges from $700 package from Gilomen to $850 from Aftermarket Assassins.

I have the Gilomen setup on my XP5 and my Brother has Aftermarket Assassins on his. Really canā€™t say thereā€™s any difference between the two. It definitely wakes the machine up tho. From there youā€™d have to step up into a turbo kit if you still want more. Those run in the $5k-$6k range.
Yeah, the turbo sounds a little pricey (considering what I paid for the car itself !!!). It seems like AA is well received as a good company to deal with ! I like to deal with companies that have a good reputation in the industrie !!!

Yeah, the turbo sounds a little pricey (considering what I paid for the car itself !!!). It seems like AA is well received as a good company to deal with ! I like to deal with companies that have a good reputation in the industrie !!!
My dealings with Gilomen have been top notch. Their customer service was outstanding. When I got my ECM back from tuning, it had an issue where the cooling fan came on with the key and stayed on. Everything else worked fine, just the fan stayed on. They Next day aired another ECM out to me with a prepaid return label for the ECM with the issue, so that I wouldnā€™t be out of a ride during shipping. They didnā€™t ask for a depositā€¦ just trusted that Iā€™d send the other ECM back
That kind of trust is rare these days, and one reason I will highly recommend Gilomen to anyone.

Weā€™ve used Gilomen tunes and clutch kits for years on Rangers, RZRs and Generals.

Aftermarket Assassins posted their 0-80 on Instaā€¦

Mine wonā€™t go a touch past 55 (65 ish with 35s). I would die to be able to touch 70 again. Iā€™m beginning to wonder if my clutching isnā€™t off a bit somehow. This is absolutely amazing though either way. That looks like it would be worth every penny spent.

Mine wonā€™t go a touch past 55 (65 ish with 35s). I would die to be able to touch 70 again. Iā€™m beginning to wonder if my clutching isnā€™t off a bit somehow. This is absolutely amazing though either way. That looks like it would be worth every penny spent.
First question would be, is that in comfort mode or standard and sport?
Second question is whatā€™s your RPMs when topped out.

Pre tune, my Xpedition would top out at around 62-63 mph and 7800ish rpm. Post tune Iā€™ve pushed above 70 and rpm peaks at 8900 but usually settles to 8700.

Even after the tune the comfort mode limits it to somewhere around 7800 with lowered throttle response.

First question would be, is that in comfort mode or standard and sport?
Second question is whatā€™s your RPMs when topped out.

Pre tune, my Xpedition would top out at around 62-63 mph and 7800ish rpm. Post tune Iā€™ve pushed above 70 and rpm peaks at 8900 but usually settles to 8700.

Even after the tune the comfort mode limits it to somewhere around 7800 with lowered throttle response.
Thatā€™s in sport and topped out is 8500. The speedo reads 57 which is right at 65 and Iā€™m assuming Iā€™m just clutched out. Comfort is nice for putting around.

Thatā€™s in sport and topped out is 8500. The speedo reads 57 which is right at 65 and Iā€™m assuming Iā€™m just clutched out. Comfort is nice for putting around.
It should definitely be higher than that at that RPM. Especially with larger tires. My guess would be either the clutch isnā€™t getting the full stroke travel or it might be the belt. Weā€™ve found that different belts can affect the speed range.

It should definitely be higher than that at that RPM. Especially with larger tires. My guess would be either the clutch isnā€™t getting the full stroke travel or it might be the belt. Weā€™ve found that different belts can affect the speed range.
Itā€™s even got the bike man package on it. So in theory it shouldnā€™t have a limiter

X2 for positive experience with Gilomen as JT noted. Running performance clutch and tune. Huge improvement in performance over stock. Have ran mine deep into the 70ā€™s as well with 32ā€ tires.

I have the AA Stage II tune and running their cruiser clutch. No issues getting to 70. That said, the cruiser clutch and Polaris low RPM clutch take a little more time from 40 to 70. What I recorded in my tests was 0-40 in sport mode with stock ecu with low rpm clutch was 10.92 sec, AA cruiser clutch and tune 8.20 sec, AA performance clutch and tune 6.50 sec. I didn't try the tuned ECU with the Polaris low RPM clutch but 0-60 or anything over 40-50 falls off drastically with both low RPM clutches. I measured 40 to 70 takes an additional 10 seconds but she gets there. I'm running 32-inch Alpha tires, 2 people in the ride, 100lb of sound deadening, with the stock exhaust (waiting on new HMF). Yes, I'm probably running a little rich, but she runs well, its quieter, and I'm happy with the times under 50. :)

Back