Front end CLUNK!

Mine doesn't do it on flat ground. Only rocky stuff. I had to find a ditch at the dealership to drive through so they could hear it.
Haven't hear back since they removed the sway bar for testing
I should have pulled mine out while I was on trails. A to test out and B to see if the noise went away. I just decided to enjoy the trip and ride how it was set up. Sway bar just about cost me a rear roof enclosure going over some odd step downs though. I’m banking that’s what it is because it still rode good after noise started but it did seem to favor one side as far as body roll.

Another thing I forgot to mention is the initial clunk when backing out of the garage sounded way more forward of the machine. The now constant clunking seems to sound like its between front wheels and mid-vehicle.

Mine doesn't do it on flat ground. Only rocky stuff. I had to find a ditch at the dealership to drive through so they could hear it.
Haven't hear back since they removed the sway bar for testing
Is there any specific settings you're finding it to occur more frequently? Comfort, Low, 4x4?

Another thing I forgot to mention is the initial clunk when backing out of the garage sounded way more forward of the machine. The now constant clunking seems to sound like its between front wheels and mid-vehicle.
Odd, mine sounds/feels like it’s coming from my driver floorboard.

Only thing that makes it do it is the deeper the ditch I drive through or the larger the rock I drive over. Something related to the front suspension articulating.
That’s almost what mine was but it was a constant chop of rocky road up to and old mine reclaim when it initially started. I initially thought it was the HCR long travel kit hitting the axle but I couldn’t find evidence of that. It goes to shop this week to let them look it over and make sure nothing is loose

Only thing that makes it do it is the deeper the ditch I drive through or the larger the rock I drive over. Something related to the front suspension articulating.
So we all have this in common it seems. What baffles me is that it didn't do it until I had the clutch kit installed and they fixed initial CLUNK when I back out of my garage. Either way she'll be going back to the dealer. I was told by my dealership two other Xpedition owners are having the same issue. Polaris better get their shit together as it seems the problem is going to blow up over time.

Finally got my XP5 back this week. Oil leak fixed and so far no more clunking noise in the front. Sway bar bushings appeared to be the problem on mine. I can't grab the bar and shake it freely anymore.

Well I thought the backing out of the garage CLUNK was gone however, I found out differently today and it was louder than ever. So now we're back to figuring that out along with the constant clunking while driving. Dealership is picking it up Wednesday. Imagine spending all that money for a machine that for X amount of time you can't even use. How I didn't flip my lid I'll never know. Must be getting old, but it won't last much longer. Polaris better get their shit together.

Just finished installing the ST dual rate spring kit. Was hoping my noise was from the stock spring dividers and would get a magic fix but no dice. My pop definitely sounds like a ball joint on my left front but they seem fine. Sway bar also solid and seems fine. Hopefully one of you taking into the dealer gets a line on what’s up.

If it was my machine with these symptoms I would be looking at cv joints on front axle first . The pro xp had a similar problem where the front bearing assembly was sliding back and forth . I loctited bearing in housing no more sliding. Just some ideas .

If it was my machine with these symptoms I would be looking at cv joints on front axle first . The pro xp had a similar problem where the front bearing assembly was sliding back and forth . I loctited bearing in housing no more sliding. Just some ideas .
RNB - seems like the link below is what you are describing and matches my issue to a T. I will be pressing out my wheel bearings and trying this at some point.

Badxp When I replaced my stock wheel bearings the right rear was turning blue and had the grease burnt out of it . This was at 3500 miles. I replaced with SandCrafter tapered wheel bearings . Yes they were not cheap but hope to never have to replace again . Also put on balanced Sandcraft drive shaft , That was a Hugh difference on how smooth machine is compared to stock .

Back