Extended warranty worth the money?

coopdeville

Apr 4, 2024
Hayesville, NC
I’m about to purchase an xpedition Northstar and dealer has asked if I want a 4 year extended warranty for $1599.00. What are your thoughts on if it’s worth it?

I’m about to purchase an xpedition Northstar and dealer has asked if I want a 4 year extended warranty for $1599.00. What are your thoughts on if it’s worth it?
I opted for the extended warranty and it really all came down to one reason. With the xpedition being a brand new model, no history on what issues, they will need to correct over time, it was a no brainer for me. Not sure what your dealership charges for labor hours, but I believe mine is $135 an hour. My thought was it would not take too many repairs to pay for itself on labor alone.

I’d rather have it and not need it, then need it and not have it.
-Lance

My dealership had a aftermarket warranty company that was better than polaris. So I put on a 5 year warranty, lots of pricey things can go wrong on my northstar.

Buy it. I have owned mine for 6 months and have 110 miles on it and has been in four wheel drive once. I have already replaced a leaking shock and is currently at the dealer for a leaking oil pan. Also everybody needs to make sure their main electrical harness is not rubbing on the driveline. This is a simple inspection when removing bottom cover that could have drastic consequences. Not sure if aftermarket warranties cover ride command though. Make sure you purchase any kind before six month factory expires.

I have been buying Riders Advantage Extended warranties from my dealer. Had the front diff repaired once and then replace on my Turbo R for free. On the Xpedition just had the steering rack/eps replaced. Might have still been under Polaris 6 month warranty but still a repair had to be done. As was said, it's a new machine and bound to have issues.

Back