Design Flaws

S P Bar

Jun 20, 2023
Ontario
Couple of things to share for what it’s worth.
I live in cold country ( Ontario Canada) and this is the last day of our rifle deer season. That being said as I am driving my X back home it keeps losing power and slowing down. After slowing down it would pick back up again. After much looking around I discovered that my cold weather boots were making contact with the brake pedal causing the engine to power down. Close proximity of the brake and gas is a problem for boots. I am going to remove the pedal and reman it so there is more room between the two.
Next problem is that on our way back to the house it started to rain as we drive along water is flying in at the corners of the windshield. So much so that it is running down the dash. Dealer can figure that one out while they find the oil leak from the engine area. I hope that one is simple.
Also, does anyone experience a clunk noise when you take off from a stop?
Sorry for the long post, but wanted to share experience.

I think that’s the ticket. Ample room to the left.
it’s the water through the windshield that baffles me.

My ADV2 also had a loud clunk .
I replaced the stock helix with one from Carl's powersports in Idaho and no more clunk.

Mine had an oil leak at about 150 miles. Oil pan seal. Had to pull the motor to fix it. Machine was at the stealership for 3 weeks. Lots of parts are a 1 time use item also

The air seems like an easy fix. The water coming in through the windshield corners is the one that baffles me. The seal looks intact but the water will actually splash on my hands while driving.

I did the same thing with the breaks. Mine developed an oil leak on the clutch shaft. I do have a leak on the passenger side, the glass windshield bolts are not sealed. Trying that

Dealer can figure that one out while they find the oil leak from the engine area.
One of my friends just got his XP5 Northstar and said was dripping a little oil. I checked it out for him and found the oil filter was a little loose. About a half turn by hand and no more leaking.

At the dealer now. Thanks for the tip.
As to the windshield, the water is coming in under the window. Enough so that it runs down the dash.
I’ll let you know what they find.

Couple of things to share for what it’s worth.
I live in cold country ( Ontario Canada) and this is the last day of our rifle deer season. That being said as I am driving my X back home it keeps losing power and slowing down. After slowing down it would pick back up again. After much looking around I discovered that my cold weather boots were making contact with the brake pedal causing the engine to power down. Close proximity of the brake and gas is a problem for boots. I am going to remove the pedal and reman it so there is more room between the two.
Next problem is that on our way back to the house it started to rain as we drive along water is flying in at the corners of the windshield. So much so that it is running down the dash. Dealer can figure that one out while they find the oil leak from the engine area. I hope that one is simple.
Also, does anyone experience a clunk noise when you take off from a stop?
Sorry for the long post, but wanted to share experience.
I keep heating both and can make it very hard to go to brakes from gas. Hang up on brake coming off gas catch bottom.

I’ll try, however the XP 5 is a lot of cab to pressurize.
I still feel the shifter air while the heater is on, so not to confident.

On the Northstars you can eliminate the air infiltration from the shifter and other places by pressurizing the cab with the hvac fan.
I've got the XP northstar 2 seater, so it's the smallest cab of all the Xpeditions. I can run my HVAC on full blast and not pressurize the cab enough to stop the air leaks.

Back