damn broken key from locks

RBrown

May 28, 2024
Northeast
we all know the outside locks are a pain In the ass. I sprayed them like many have suggested and yes definitely made them better. but I went to unlock my driver door and my key broke. Thank God not inside the lock but I pulled it out fast enough and its hanging by a thread. So now my driver door and back hatch is locked and I'm headed for a trip to maine on Friday. Dealership tells me they don't make replacement keys?!! all locks themselves must be replaced, wtf? anyone else with this issue of the key snapping? Are all keys made specifically per machine? I assume, or I'd find someone to help me unlock my doors for the time being. Thank you!

It would be as good as not having locks if all Xpeditions were keyed the same.

Depending where the key broke, any key making place should be able to copy it.

I shouldn’t say any key making place… I doubt Walmart or the like would have the blanks. But I know my local Ace hardware does and I’d assume Lowe’s , Home Depot and other hardware chains would have them.

I also double checked my key against another Xpedition here in my shop and they’re definitely keyed differently.

I shouldn’t say any key making place… I doubt Walmart or the like would have the blanks. But I know my local Ace hardware does and I’d assume Lowe’s , Home Depot and other hardware chains would have them.

I also double checked my key against another Xpedition here in my shop and they’re definitely keyed differently.
I did try home depot and lowes with no luck unfortunately. May have to go to an actual locksmith that remakes them. Thanks for checking on that 👍

Back