Comfort Clutch Recall

Dec 3, 2023
Montana
Hey guys sorry if this has been covered but I didn't find anything with a search. I pulled up my garage on the Polaris site and there is a recall for my Xpedition, it says it's for a "comfort clutch". I've installed the gilman primary clutch already to knock down some noise and RPM's, I'm curious what the Comfort Clutch from Polaris is and what it does. Thanks for any input I do appreciate it.

Matt

The Polaris Comfort Clutch reduces the RPM's as well. It's a free addition from the dealer. It works pretty well; I wonder what the recall is all about. I switched from the Polaris Comfort Clutch and went with the AA quiet clutch with the tune.

Absolutely no complaints, service has been great (question answered quick) and you can certainly feel the difference. I picked up a few seconds in my zero to 40 runs. I went with the stage II, new rollers, clutch came with quiet mags, and the world's best belt race version. With the AA quiet clutch, I picked up almost 2 seconds over the Polaris Comfort clutch. With the AA performance clutch it was almost 4 seconds quicker over stock comfort clutch. I've never had the regular clutch from Polaris, I had the dealer drop in the Comfort clutch before I picked it up.

The recall is to get the comfort clutch if you don't have it the way I understand it. Not a recall on the comfort clutch itself.

The recall is to get the comfort clutch if you don't have it the way I understand it. Not a recall on the comfort clutch itself.
I guess because a lot of people complained about noise and high rpm at slow cruising speeds, Polaris cam up with a “service bulletin” to replace weights inside the clutch with heavier weights.
The Xpedition line is “geared” low because it’s heavy to begin with and because people will load them up with all sorts of gear making them even heavier. From 0-30mph you will not lose much in acceleration but over 40mph you can feel the difference (slower).
My take on that is, if you’re planning to put on 32”s leave it alone! The tires will drop your rpm anyway (Jeep owner here). Now if you’re putting 32”s and lots of gear or 5 passengers, you’re better off going with an aftermarket clutch.

Ryan trying get info on where you purchased your full length roof rack
Check these out

Prinsu is the product name. Very lightweight and strong. Made of aluminum. No steel. Fits perfectly to the contour of the roof. They also have a light bar option on the wind deflector. I believe it’s a lower profile than most too. So far I love it. These are very popular too with the offroad trucks they mostly cater to.

Ryan trying get info on where you purchased your full length roof rack
Mine is from Uptop...

Latest Discussions

Back