Almost done with all the accessories....

browettm

Jul 3, 2023
Reno, NV
....but got her out into her habitat some more....
20231015_175515.jpg
20231015_175458.jpg
20231015_175454.jpg
20231015_175435.jpg
20231015_175707.jpg

Oooo yes ... was it hard to do the roof tent... How does it feel when driving
On the trail.
It wasn't too hard.....for sure takes 2 to get the tent up there. Putting the backbone on was probably the hardest part since you have to partially drop the roof panels to access the nuts the bolts go into (they without fail fall out of place the second you take the bolt out). Other than that pretty straight forward. Their video is good and combined with written instructions left me no room for error or doubt about the install. Although I will say Polaris must have some fancy flat torque wrenches or something because there are some bolts there wasn't any way you were getting a 3/8 torque wrench on.

Tent goes up easily and straight forward as well and it's REALLY nice.

As far as ride goes, I could definitely tell there was a bit more sway but I didn't try bumping the suspension stiffer either. Nothing terrible though, not like I went from stable to feeling like I'm gonna roll all the time. Really other than a bit more sway stability felt fine.

It looks great! Do you have a list of all the modifications you've done?

Although I will say Polaris must have some fancy flat torque wrenches or something because there are some bolts there wasn't any way you were getting a 3/8 torque wrench on.
I’d be surprised if Polaris uses a torque wrench on anything other than the engine and trans. 😂

It looks great! Do you have a list of all the modifications you've done?
Here ya go:

Base Machine - 2024 Xpedition ADV5 Northstar
Options Added:
  1. WD Electronics Sequential (TSK-1970) with horn and hazard kit
  2. Side Mirrors - 2884491
  3. Rear Wiper - 2884485
  4. Pod Flood Lights (square ones on bumper) - 2883126
  5. HD Front Bumper - 2884494-458
  6. Rock Sliders - Tube - 2884497
  7. Scene Lights - 2884783
  8. Rigid 50" Lightbar - 2889567
  9. Lightbar Harness - 2889591
  10. Rhino Backbone Roof Rack - 2889452
  11. Rhino Rooftop Platform - Large - 2889452
  12. Rooftop Tent - 2890560
  13. RAM Phone Mount - 2890545
  14. Traction Boards - 2890646
Still waiting on / need to install
  1. Rigid Driving Lights - 2889731
Installed everything myself so if anyone has any questions I am more than happy to tell you about my experience, lessons learned, etc. just ask (not that I am some expert but I installed all of the above myself).

She has that “stop lookin at me attitude” I wanna get goin down the trail. Great looking ride. I’m ready for the pick with the tent set up at camp site. Chairs, Fire 🔥 side whiskey in hand ..

She has that “stop lookin at me attitude” I wanna get goin down the trail. Great looking ride. I’m ready for the pick with the tent set up at camp site. Chairs, Fire 🔥 side whiskey in hand ..
Ha! Thanks for the compliment on her looks! You have no idea how ready I am for that picture too! Gonna be a couple weeks. Have a non-UTV trip this weekend, hunt the next, and maybe after that!

How is the blinker kit. I have a friend who is a dealer for WD and thinking about getting one to put on my xpedition when it comes in. I want the light strip like you have but wonder how secure it is? Is it 2 sided tape or does it just wedge in there?

Last edited:
I found the kit to be awesome. Their video insteuctions made install very easy, although it is a pretty extensive install, lots of panel removal.....not difficult but tedious. The led strips pinch in under the headlight via adjusting the headlight via three adjustment screws. Takes some trial and error but now that I have them good, they aren't going anywhere. If they come out I've got more serious problems with the front end 🤣 I highly recommend the kit.

I put the fender flares on due to the weather here, big difference keeping slop off the sides.
I also had scenic lights installed and they are great at night when you stop.
Waiting on HD front bumper with lights and 6,000 lb winch, rear wiper, rear cargo light, phone mount.
Also the rear bumper is a great addition.

Here ya go:

Base Machine - 2024 Xpedition ADV5 Northstar
Options Added:
  1. WD Electronics Sequential (TSK-1970) with horn and hazard kit
  2. Side Mirrors - 2884491
  3. Rear Wiper - 2884485
  4. Pod Flood Lights (square ones on bumper) - 2883126
  5. HD Front Bumper - 2884494-458
  6. Rock Sliders - Tube - 2884497
  7. Scene Lights - 2884783
  8. Rigid 50" Lightbar - 2889567
  9. Lightbar Harness - 2889591
  10. Rhino Backbone Roof Rack - 2889452
  11. Rhino Rooftop Platform - Large - 2889452
  12. Rooftop Tent - 2890560
  13. RAM Phone Mount - 2890545
  14. Traction Boards - 2890646
Still waiting on / need to install
  1. Rigid Driving Lights - 2889731
Installed everything myself so if anyone has any questions I am more than happy to tell you about my experience, lessons learned, etc. just ask (not that I am some expert but I installed all of the above myself).
Assuming the rear wiper doesnt squit water to clean? Also how difficult was it to install?

I bought another Polaris washer pump that comes with the gasket, I drilled the washer bottle and fitted the new pump in the new hole. I ran a washer line alongside the wires for the rear wiper. Then I used a washer nozzle for a Honda CR-V rear washer. I bought a new front wiper switch and swapped faces so it shows it being the rear wiper. Pinned a wire into the empty slot for the washer and wired the washer that way. Works awesome.
IMG_0848.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0847.jpeg
    IMG_0847.jpeg
    271.8 KB · Views: 43
I bought another Polaris washer pump that comes with the gasket, I drilled the washer bottle and fitted the new pump in the new hole. I ran a washer line alongside the wires for the rear wiper. Then I used a washer nozzle for a Honda CR-V rear washer. I bought a new front wiper switch and swapped faces so it shows it being the rear wiper. Pinned a wire into the empty slot for the washer and wired the washer that way. Works awesome. View attachment 2138
Can you provide further detail of wiring the rear washer pump into the new switch? I have the extra pump, wiring pigtail and the the CRV nozzle mentioned above.

Back