after market skid plates

So far I know of 2 companies that are making skid plates for the Xpedition. Super ATV has both the 2 seat and 5 seat versions out now. I believe free shipping is available also. Don't think there is a military discount though. The 2-seat version is currently offered at $607: https://www.superatv.com/polaris-xpedition-full-skid-plate
And the 4 seat version is currently offered at $764.96, down from $849.95:
https://www.superatv.com/polaris-xpedition-5-full-skid-plate

The other company is Trail Armor: The black skid plate for the ADV5 is offered at $1100 plus shipping but there is a military discount of 10%:
Trail Armor Polaris Xpedition XP 5 and ADV 5 Full Skids
They do offer different colors at an increased price. I do not believe they have the 2 seat version available yet.

Now for the likes/differences (comparisons) I see right now. Besides the prices and shipping cost differences, Trail Armor offers different colors and also offers side plate protectors where Super ATV does not. Trail Armor does offer a "Trimmed" version that is similar to Super ATV's without side protectors. Personally, I've had TA skid protectors on all my vehicles and in the west the side protectors are a must. Rock sliders get all bent up and ripped off by the rocks IMHO. Also, Trail Armor has a removable protector cover for the rear area to change the oil filter from below the vehicle whereas Super ATV leaves that area open. If you want to protect the bottom sides of your Xpedition with the Super ATV skid plate you'd have to add rock sliders that would bring pricing a bit closer together for the 2 companies.

As far as construction and materials used, the products are both 1/2 inch thick of similar materials and both are interlocking designed. I'm not qualified to say which material or which company offers the better product but since I've had trail Armor skid plates on all my vehicles, I can attest to the fact I've had zero issues with them. They have with-stood the test of time. If you have had Super ATV skid plates speak up on how they've worked for you.

1 more thought. IMHO, don't waste your money on a metal skid plate.

Trail Armor is $1100 plus around $200 for shipping. SATV is $764 and FREE shipping. I have Trail Armor a arm and trailing arm guard on my Turbo R but am not going to pay $500 extra for theirs just to get the one bolt removal for changing the oil.
I drill and tap all of the holes on my skidplates anyway. I can remove the rear section of the SATV skid in about 2 minutes to access the filter.
I have a SATV on my Turbo R and no issues.

Trail Armor is $1100 plus around $200 for shipping. SATV is $764 and FREE shipping. I have Trail Armor a arm and trailing arm guard on my Turbo R but am not going to pay $500 extra for theirs just to get the one bolt removal for changing the oil.
I drill and tap all of the holes on my skidplates anyway. I can remove the rear section of the SATV skid in about 2 minutes to access the filter.
I have a SATV on my Turbo R and no issues.
Thanks for the input. How do you protect the lower side edges below the doors where it says Polaris? Do you use rock sliders or have you been lucky and not come down hard on a rock yet?

The rock sliders really look good but here in Arizona they would get damaged by our rocks/boulders.
I have used the low profile sliders for years. Had them on my 2016 XP Turbo and they were still on it when I sold it in 2022. Yep they had some dents and dings but survived the Rocky Mountains Four or five times a year. 2022 Turbo R has them as well. Ones on the Xpedition are thicker so should last a long time. The ones like these that mount flush like these are way better than the tubular type that extend away from the body of the rzr- as the Polaris ones are way to thin. A flush mount made from UHMW would be fine too

The rock sliders really look good but here in Arizona they would get damaged by our rocks/boulders.
The very first ride out after installing my low profile rock sliders I nailed a rock really hard on the driver side one. Hard enough that had I not had the sliders it definitely would’ve torn the skid plate and bottom plastics and might’ve even dented or bent the outer frame. The rock slider is just scraped. No bend and no dent.

I got my SATV skid plates yesterday. My Xpedition is still at the dealer for the knocking sound in the front so it will be awhile before I can install them. Still not sure how they are going to work with the low profile slider. I will report back

FactoryUTV just came out with both 3/8" and 1/2" skid plates. They have skid plates for both the 2 and 5 seat models and offer side protectors also. They do not have an access port to get to your oil filter and they appear to me to be way overpriced IMHO. Like about $2100 + for the 5 seat version with side protectors. Ouch!

Back