Acc. Wiring

That is correct. That circuit for acc power is extremely limited. It's obvious Polaris wants you to wire via the battery for anything that requires more amps. Does anyone have experience replacing the acc fuse with a higher amp rating? In short, what will the wiring of the acc circuit handle before stressing components / wires?

That is correct. That circuit for acc power is extremely limited. It's obvious Polaris wants you to wire via the battery for anything that requires more amps. Does anyone have experience replacing the acc fuse with a higher amp rating? In short, what will the wiring of the acc circuit handle before stressing components / wires?

If we are talking the bus bar under the hood - those connections are not fused I don't believe - that is why most things that "plug and play" into the bus bar have their own fuses.

If you are talking the pre-wired accessory switch harness that can support a rocker switch next to the headlight switch, yes, that only has a 10 AMP fuse.

I ran the the Rigid cube lights and Rigid bumper lights to that accessory harness and the 10 amp fust blew immediately. I replaced it with a 20 AMP fust and so far no issues whatsoever.

If we are talking the bus bar under the hood - those connections are not fused I don't believe - that is why most things that "plug and play" into the bus bar have their own fuses.

If you are talking the pre-wired accessory switch harness that can support a rocker switch next to the headlight switch, yes, that only has a 10 AMP fuse.

I ran the the Rigid cube lights and Rigid bumper lights to that accessory harness and the 10 amp fust blew immediately. I replaced it with a 20 AMP fust and so far no issues whatsoever.
Good to know you're working ok with a 20 amp in acc fuse. Wondering what the most restrictive component is in the acc circuit before it over heats? Also, there is a 40 amp fuse between battery and bus bar located not too far from pulse bar.

Last edited:
Good to know you're working ok with a 20 amp in acc fuse. Wondering what the most restrictive component is in the acc circuit before it over heats? Also, there is a 40 amp fuse between battery and bus bar located not too far from pulse bar.
I'm curious too. My guess is the wires themselves as they are pretty small gauge.

Latest Discussions

Back