2025 Polaris Xpedition?

No information on 2025. Another way of asking this question ... When will Polaris lower the db level inside the cab and provide enough HP / appropriate gearing/clutch to move the heavy X along consistent with RZR models?

No information on 2025. Another way of asking this question ... When will Polaris lower the db level inside the cab and provide enough HP / appropriate gearing/clutch to move the heavy X along consistent with RZR models?
Polaris just come out with their new clutch kit for the 2024 models. The bulletin says all the 2025s will come with it. Only problem is you're going to lose part of your horsepower

Yes warranty covers it. But you have to ask for it
FB_IMG_1706736621992.jpg

Polaris just come out with their new clutch kit for the 2024 models. The bulletin says all the 2025s will come with it. Only problem is you're going to lose part of your horsepower
Thanks for that update. The Kit sounds similar if not the same as the third party clutch kits (non performance version) that have been offered for some time. Do you have a take on that? Does it in fact lower the horsepower or just change the way the engine and cvt components interact with each other. On the surface it seems to indicate that it will lower the rpm's necessary for the vehicle reach the same speed as opposed to the original stock clutch. Currently my rig wants to turn over 8000 rpm on the top end to reach low highway speeds. I have a 3rd party high performance clutch. Also, the second benefit as listed by Polaris doesn't show on your screen shot on your dell. What is the second benefit according to Polaris? thanks in advance

Last edited:
Thanks for that update. The Kit sounds similar if not the same as the third party clutch kits (non performance version) that have been offered for some time. Do you have a take on that? Does it in fact lower the horsepower or just change the way the engine and cvt components interact with each other. On the surface it seems to indicate that it will lower the rpm's necessary for the vehicle reach the same speed as opposed to the original stock clutch. Currently my rig wants to turn over 8000 rpm on the top end to reach low highway speeds. I have a 3rd party high performance clutch. Also, the second benefit as listed by Polaris doesn't show on your screen shot on your dell. What is the second benefit according to Polaris? thanks in advance
You will lose some power on any cruiser clutch kit including the Polaris version. There is no way around it. Kit lowers rpm and upper rpm is where the power is made.

Do you have a part number on this kit . Do you know if it’s covered under warranty? Thanks
Didn’t I see you were planning to add a turbo kit? I definitely would not run this clutch with a turbo - you will be reducing the power gains from your turbo with this. Apologies if I have the wrong member - I don’t see that thread now.

I am running the AA cruiser clutch kit and have as many weights as possible on it. I am down about 1000 rpm. High gear is way nicer. Now I can cruise at 40 mph and have a conversation. Low gear is still plenty low and I only use it for crawling rocks or real steep stuff as it's still noisy. There is definetly some power loss. Getting up to 65 takes some time and it's really noticeable if you are going up hill. The advantages to the AA kit are you not only get weights you also get a new helix and springs. These things help with acceleration as well as keep the belt from slipping- which Polaris clutches are known for doing.
The Polaris kit only gives you weights. I have about 125 miles on the AA kit. I am happy with it. I would like to regear low gear at some point, it's still a little low for me.

As far as Polaris kit's benefit. They say improved take off and slow speed control. The main one is it's quieter.

I will NOT get the Polaris update. Too many extra benefits to what I have. Including that I can very easily remove weights when I get at 12-14k feet in elevation and need more power. Once we leave the Xped at our Colorado place I will just remove some weight and leave it that way.

I am running the AA cruiser clutch kit and have as many weights as possible on it. I am down about 1000 rpm. High gear is way nicer. Now I can cruise at 40 mph and have a conversation. Low gear is still plenty low and I only use it for crawling rocks or real steep stuff as it's still noisy. There is definetly some power loss. Getting up to 65 takes some time and it's really noticeable if you are going up hill. The advantages to the AA kit are you not only get weights you also get a new helix and springs. These things help with acceleration as well as keep the belt from slipping- which Polaris clutches are known for doing.
The Polaris kit only gives you weights. I have about 125 miles on the AA kit. I am happy with it. I would like to regear low gear at some point, it's still a little low for me.

As far as Polaris kit's benefit. They say improved take off and slow speed control. The main one is it's quieter.

I will NOT get the Polaris update. Too many extra benefits to what I have. Including that I can very easily remove weights when I get at 12-14k feet in elevation and need more power. Once we leave the Xped at our Colorado place I will just remove some weight and leave it that way.
Thanks John Deere for your explanation of how this works and more detail on SA, as-well as your personal experience. As for my individual situation (without performance tune but with my performance clutch) I need to either add more weights to the aftermarket clutch I have installed or go with the Polaris kit and/or use an adjusted clutch based on altitude like you plan to do. I need to get with Gilomen to understand their clutch design especially concerning helix and spring incl weights. Most of my riding is between 2000 and 6500 feet. However in Utah, like Colorado I often ride between 4500 feet on up to 11000 feet during the Summer months.

Last edited:
Thanks John Deere for your explanation of how this works and more detail on SA, as-well as your personal experience. As for my individual situation (without performance tune but with my performance clutch) I need to either add more weights to the aftermarket clutch I have installed or go with the Polaris kit and/or use an adjusted clutch based on altitude like you plan to do. I need to get with Gilomen to understand their clutch design especially concerning helix and spring incl weights. Most of my riding is between 2000 and 6500 feet. However in Utah, like Colorado I often ride between 4500 feet on up to 11000 feet during the Summer months.
Looks to me like the Gilomen clutch is exactly like my AA. There are holes drilled in the arms and you just add or remove weights.
Having said that we have been riding in Colorado for 13 years. I have had my XP900 up there on stock clutching and it felt fine. I took my 16 Ranger up there. It had a Dirty Dawg clutch but was weighted for Texas. I had my 250 lb nephew with me and it did seem underpowered in high gear. I had a General for 7 years and kept it there. Left the clutch stock and didn't really notice any power problems. The Xpedition has been to CO twice now with the AA cruiser kit setup for here (Texas around 850' elevation). Last two trips to CO we were from 8000 to around 10500 ft elevation. We ran down the county roads at 40 mph and then on the trails at around 5-8 mph. Stayed in high most of the time without issue. When we did get to something really steep or rocky we would go in low gear.
If I was just going to a higher elevation once I don't think I would change anything. Not sure how you drive but for us it's mainly sight seeing at 5-10 mph or 40 on the county roads and it runs fine for that.

I personally would not run the Polaris kit. AA and Gilomen know a whole lot more about clutching than Polaris.
The Polaris kit only comes with weights. My AA kit came with a new helix (take your pick- performance or high load) two new springs and the adjustable weights

Looks to me like the Gilomen clutch is exactly like my AA. There are holes drilled in the arms and you just add or remove weights.
Having said that we have been riding in Colorado for 13 years. I have had my XP900 up there on stock clutching and it felt fine. I took my 16 Ranger up there. It had a Dirty Dawg clutch but was weighted for Texas. I had my 250 lb nephew with me and it did seem underpowered in high gear. I had a General for 7 years and kept it there. Left the clutch stock and didn't really notice any power problems. The Xpedition has been to CO twice now with the AA cruiser kit setup for here (Texas around 850' elevation). Last two trips to CO we were from 8000 to around 10500 ft elevation. We ran down the county roads at 40 mph and then on the trails at around 5-8 mph. Stayed in high most of the time without issue. When we did get to something really steep or rocky we would go in low gear.
If I was just going to a higher elevation once I don't think I would change anything. Not sure how you drive but for us it's mainly sight seeing at 5-10 mph or 40 on the county roads and it runs fine for that.

I personally would not run the Polaris kit. AA and Gilomen know a whole lot more about clutching than Polaris.
The Polaris kit only comes with weights. My AA kit came with a new helix (take your pick- performance or high load) two new springs and the adjustable weights
Thanks again John Deere. Your input on this subject is very much appreciated.

What are you running for tires? I have a set of 32's coming and I am wondering if that is going to make as much difference as the clutching?

What are you running for tires? I have a set of 32's coming and I am wondering if that is going to make as much difference as the clutching?
32" Tusk Terrabites. I put them on the day I got it. Didn't make any noticeable difference at all (they only measure 31" or so anyway)
The tires and sound deadening did very little for the sound, if anything it made the sound different and slightly less annoying

Back