Windshield wiper delay - or lack of!

1stlakegetaway

Apr 6, 2024
Wisconsin
So, I've only had mine for a month or so, but it became apparent to me that a delay windshield wiper option should exist. After lots of digging I didn't find anything on the aftermarket setup....so I started doing some additional research on how to make this happen. For anyone that wants to add this feature, I thought I would provide some advice.

It can be done...actually pretty simple once you have the parts figured out. It's pretty cheap to do also.

You'll need these parts from Amazon:

Delay - Amazon.com

Knob - Amazon.com

I found I had to grind down the circuit board in order to get it to fit in a switch opening. I also took liquid electrical tape and covered it completely to avoid any issues with it touching anything or corrosion moving forward. You can see it looks stock next to the standard wiper switch once installed. I cut the red wire coming out of the factory switch to tie in and then ran a ground wire up to the main buss bar to avoid any other cuts into factory wiring. The only "catch" to this is you get a very slight delay on the slowest setting. But you can adjust the rest of the delay with the knob up to 30 seconds. The wiper park feature works as it should. Really simple setup...and saves me a lot of messing around while driving.

Attachments

• IMG_3688.JPG
    IMG_3688.JPG
    269 KB · Views: 340
  • IMG_3692.JPG
    IMG_3692.JPG
    488.5 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_3694.JPEG
    IMG_3694.JPEG
    1.2 MB · Views: 128
  • IMG_3695.JPG
    IMG_3695.JPG
    178 KB · Views: 125
Thank you this is awesome. Just ordered the parts. Just so I'm reading this correctly cut red wire coming out of the back of the wiper switch on the dash. Take that wire to the new Amazon delay PC board. Then take the other end of The Wire that I assume goes up to the wiper itself and attach that to the new Amazon delay PC board? Then just take ground wire to the Amazon board and it works? Seems too simple but makes sense. Power comes through the switch to the new Amazon delay board. Then out of the board up to the wiper. Dial controls the speed of 12 volt to the wiper.

Latest Discussions

Back