those with 35" tires

The 2 people I know that have 35” tires on their Xpeditions haven’t done clutch kits yet. One of them is thinking of dropping down to 32”s because 35s makes it feel sluggish.
I’d think it would be highly recommended. The heavier springs in a clutch kit would reduce the chance of belt slippage.

Last edited:
On ADV-5, I have 33 1/4 measured tire, Method bead grip rims, nylon belt Tensor tires (weighs in at less than 30 inch stock) and Polaris service advisory clutch. Acceleration is good. Pulled the Gilomen performance clutch to get RPM's/noise down before tire/rim upgrade so I can't speak to that. One noticeable side effect of larger diameter in tire is what I'm attempted to call a longer oscillation?? wave length when going over whoops. With the stock tires /rims my add on electronics didn't have much trouble staying attached with hand-held radio, cell phone, tablet RAM mounts. Now they want to fall to floor in medium whoops like driving scenarios. Are changes to shocks recommended? Also, what's the best method to tune the ECM for speedometer calibration.

I havent done anything in regards to springs yet. But i can tell you the gilomen performance tune was set to correct my tire size. i have the system 3 xc450 tires and they are very close to a true 35" tire. Gilomen tune is spot on testing it against two phone apps. Hope this helps

Attachments

• IMG_2958.jpg
    IMG_2958.jpg
    471.4 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_2957.jpg
    IMG_2957.jpg
    467.1 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_2956.jpg
    IMG_2956.jpg
    492.5 KB · Views: 94
I havent done anything in regards to springs yet. But i can tell you the gilomen performance tune was set to correct my tire size. i have the system 3 xc450 tires and they are very close to a true 35" tire. Gilomen tune is spot on testing it against two phone apps. Hope this helps
thanks for the update. Gilomen is a great outfit to work with. Knowledgeable staff. I may contact them on my speedometer given that I've purchased one of their clutches and see if they will work out a tune for my current configuration.

interested in the size of the front light you have and brand, thanks in advance

Back