Speed for low vs high??

Lil’Mule

Aug 26, 2023
TN
For “normal” trail riding (no obstacles, just cruising the woods) what speed is everyone running in low before switching to high? I’m on 33’s and it’s pleasantly quiet when in high gear and about 12-15mph. Not trying to ruin a belt or anything but it’s much nicer than being in low at that speed. Just curious. Thanks.

the only time I use low range is for really technical trails or rock crawling, and long stretches where my speed doesn’t exceed 25 mph. I don’t like running very long without being able to run the full range of the clutches, just for longevity.

If I hit short areas that are technical but don’t require low range, I just bump the switch to comfort for better throttle control.

I run in high 95% of the time because it's quieter and geared low enough. I use low for rocks and rough terrain where I am going less than 5 mph. The AA cruiser clutch kit quietens High gear down great, low is still geared very low and louder.

Thanks guys. I think I’ll continue what I’m doing. Even without a clutch kit on mine, it is nice running that speed in high. Hopefully it’s not detrimental to anything.

Latest Discussions

Back